SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67220 - 06/17/08 08:30 AM Can this be done?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have 2 Standard Midi Files (SMF) that I would like to make into one non-stop medley on my KN-6000 .... can this be done? How?
thnx mch
t.

#67221 - 06/17/08 04:23 PM Re: Can this be done?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tony,

This program : http://www.gnmidi.com/ allows you to create a medley of MIDI files - besides a lot more. It's Shareware but allows you a 5 day free trial..............

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67222 - 06/18/08 11:28 AM Re: Can this be done?
tony mads usa Offline

Thnx mch, Bill... I will look into that ... but is there any way to do this just on the KN6000?
t.

#67223 - 06/19/08 03:01 AM Re: Can this be done?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Not as far as I know Tony - if I remember correctly, there is a facility to select a set of KN files and play them as a medley on the KN6000 but even then, there would be a short break, whilst the next file loaded. I know this facility exists on the KN7000. If it is possible to play a medley of MIDI files, there would still be a short break between the individual files, whilst they loaded from Floppy Disk ( probably not so short! )
I would say that your best approach would be to use a suitable MIDI editor to join the files together.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67224 - 06/19/08 07:25 AM Re: Can this be done?
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I have also wanted to join individual sequenced songs into one sequence. Is it possible to copy and paste a sequenced song into another song if you have added the same amount of measures to the song you are coping to? Probably not.

#67225 - 06/19/08 01:26 PM Re: Can this be done?
technicsplayer Offline

Obviously the fastest and easiest method would be to use a pc sequencer program of one hue or another to taste, but although I have never had the need to do this on the kn it should indeed be theoretically possible in the technics sequencer because you want to join midi files which have no control, apc, rhythm etc tracks where you cannot have more than one of these tracks in a technics song at the same time.

The procedure would be to load each midi file into song 1 and song 2 of the sequencer. Then since most midis don't use all 16 tracks (or prepare one of the songs earlier by merging suitable tracks to create an empty track) use the track copy function to copy track 1 of song 2 into empty track 16 (say) of song 1. Then use measure insert in song 1 to add the measures of track 16 to the end of track 1. Then clear track 16, track copy track 2 of song 2 into track 16 of song 1, then insert the measures of track 16 to the end of track 2 of song 1, and continue in the same vein for the rest of the tracks. You may need to step edit in and delete some start/stop commands and/or tap tracks at the join measures if having not taken that into account when calculating the measures to copy, keeping the instrument/tempo etc information.

Thus not ideal, and certainly not quick or particularly easy but the question was is it theoretically possible to create a single unbroken song from 2 midids so the answer would be yes.

#67226 - 06/19/08 06:43 PM Re: Can this be done?
tony mads usa Offline

Alec, As you said, "theoretically possible", but seemingly not practical ... I guess the pc sequencer program is the way to go ...
thnx,
t.

#67227 - 06/20/08 07:52 AM Re: Can this be done?
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Very interesting, Technicsplayer. Thanks for showing us how this can be done. I personally try to keep all work done in the keyboard and not use the computer other than recording the final songs to the computer for CD work. These keyboards are so well designed. It just shows us that there is a way to get around a complicated issue and in this case, a timely one.

#67228 - 07/13/08 04:03 PM Re: Can this be done?
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Dear Alec, I read the reply you posted and thought you could also help me. I am having some probloems with my kn7000's APC. And I need your kind help and if our other forum members - Bill Norrie and others have a suggestion, please I shall appreciate it.

When I choose a rhythm and a sound on my kn7000 and press START without the APC on, everything seems to be OK.

However, when I turn the Auto Play Chord (APC) on, I find that the left hand side sounds a different key while the righthand side sounds a different key. It confuses me a great deal. Meanwhile, I set the Split point at A2. In the Auto Play Chord Mode, I select the Basic - with the Memory turned ON. I also ensure that the Fingered - On Bass is turned ON; and the Pianist - Left Hand is also turned ON.

I do this because on my previous K5000, I used to turn all of the APC modes on, and still get very excellent rhythm and bass accompaniments with no problems at all. But on my kn7000, when I turn all of them on and select Basic, as explained above, I get very funny sound. Please help advise me on the best settings of the APC mode and how to get the left hand and right hand sounding the same key.

Also, please may I know what the Count Intro (Voice or Click) is used for. This is also located when you press the APC mode button.

Thanks to you and to all our forum members for being so helpful.

Buddy

#67229 - 07/14/08 12:53 AM Re: Can this be done?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I'm sure Alec will give you a detailed reply but with regard to left hand and right hand being in different keys, this is usually because the left hand wheel (bottom left hand side of the keyboard) is not in a central position.
Rog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online