SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67555 - 09/20/08 05:11 PM Re: Sheet music
Walt M Offline

Fred, sorry to see you leave the forum. I want to echo Audrey's thoughts and thank you for developing the KN SD Explorer Tool.
Best Regards,
Walt Meyer

#67556 - 09/22/08 01:01 PM Re: Sheet music
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi Folks,

As you see, I don't really fully leave you on this forum. Only my visiting frequency is reduced a lot.
W.r.t. Giovanny's comment I agree. Another feature I miss on the Tyros is the easy step recording. But on the other hand live playing is more easy on Tyros 2, which, Audrey, also has USB port on the front, and the back. And on Tyros 2 you can also directly record Audio to Harddisk or save you sequence directly as MIDI file. But Tyros3 as more advanced DSP system, but better stylings and again more realistic sounds. It is all a matter of taste and money. The KN7000 is/was a great keyboard, but eventually will be "old-age" and better altenratives will come.

------------------

#67557 - 09/28/08 02:26 PM Re: Sheet music
fmlk Offline

Hi Folks,

Here is the keyboardforum I nowadays visit and participate. Although it is a Dutch forum, the music is multi-language
http://www.jukeboxforum.be/jukebox.htm

------------------

#67558 - 09/29/08 01:40 AM Re: Sheet music
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Giovanni.
In your messsage you quqote "3rd party styles that are song specific are not available !!! "

I wish you had contacted me before selling - I have hundreds of song specific styles for my Tyros 2. Have a look at
http://musiciansroom.net/SongsStyles/default.aspx

to get some idea of how many are available.

I also use many converted Technics styles as well, which work very well

Anyway, good luck with whatever instrument you use and choose.

Best Wishes

John

#67559 - 10/11/08 12:09 PM Re: Sheet music
fmlk Offline

Hi all, fun!

Last week I was the winner of the jukebox forum with playing Elton John's "Your Song":
http://www.jukeboxforum.be/bbs/index.php

Regards, Fred

#67560 - 10/11/08 01:07 PM Re: Sheet music
fmlk Offline

some comment on Audrey's message, useful for others too.
W.r.t 5): Also on Tyros2 you can directly record to the hard disk and even do audio dubbing. Then when all is OK you can export it as WAV to an USB-stick for whoch is also a USB port on the front. Big difference will be: speed. T3 is USB-2 so more than ten times faster. And Tyros has a second USB on the back and there is USB-to-host. SO you can connect directly to the PC and make a full backup of Tyros HD to the PC.
The biggest change: not one but 5 DSP’s in parallel in the styles, several Superarticulation_2 and the number of Superarticulation voices have grown.
If you can arrange good speakers or a decent head phone to the PC you can listen to 45 minutes Tyros 3 music on the website I made for my dealer: www.keyboard-centrum.nl/T3/specs.htm
Now that Tyros3 comes on the market, the Tyros2 will be cheaper and many nice T2 occasions will come on the market.

#67561 - 10/25/08 04:39 PM Re: Sheet music
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello All,

I have been following your comments with interest. I have watched the very well produced DVD of the Tyros 3 several times (because my husband has poor sight, we have a very large TV and it's like watching a cinema screen - wonderful) To get back to the T3, each time I watch the DVD I learn something more about the keyboard but one of the questions I raised with a Dealer was whether I would be able to use, or convert, my vast collection of Technics sets to the Tyros 3. His reply was it isn't possible at the moment, but he thought some sort of conversion software was 'in the pipeline' - we shall see.

Meanwhile, John N please check your mail.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 10-25-2008).]

#67562 - 10/26/08 11:45 AM Re: Sheet music
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Audrey , It goes without saying the Yammies are good boards .

If you enjoy your music hang on to the old faithfull Kn7000 until you are really sure you can make the change .

I wish you well on what ever you decide to do .

best regards ......giovanni

#67563 - 10/30/08 03:50 PM Re: Sheet music
fmlk Offline

Does anybody have leadsheets of Soundtracks like Armageddon, The Island, Pirates of the Caribean, Lord of the Rings, or of music of Hans Zimmer?

------------------

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online