SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68391 - 04/01/09 06:17 PM Re: Band In A Box
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
One of the problems I have with using KN7000 to computer is that the USB drivers for the KN stopped, perhaps at Windows XP, whereas my laptop has moved on to Vista.
If anyone has a solution I would be delighted to hear.
Keith

#68392 - 04/02/09 12:12 AM Re: Band In A Box
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Keith

If the Technics driver is a self run program, (You double click it to install) then copy it to your hard drive, right click and choose properties, select the compatibility tab and choose Windows XP, click apply then OK.

Run the program as normal (Double click) and you may find it will then work.

The above is not guaranteed to solve the problem, (Drivers are more difficult then programs) but works in a lot of instances.

Hope this helps

Bill

#68393 - 04/02/09 01:12 AM Re: Band In A Box
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My idea initially on buying BIAB was so I could quickly type in chords from a Fake Book, it literally only takes seconds, then try playing the melody. So it was meant as a learning package more than anything. The only thing I don't like about BIAB is most of the styles have a Jazzy feel and Jazz is not one of my favorite musical styles.
Glen

Glen, You can do the same thing on the KN7, probably faster. I feel it is better to master the KN7, find all of the many possibilities. Years back as a guitar player I was able to create many involved sequences using the KN7. Italian polkas, Discos, and piano solos. I sequenced Errol Gardner’s arrangement of misty note for note, added some strings and a bass line. At that time my piano skills were not good.

I have BIAB,OMB, and an advanced edition of Sonar, I decided to spend my time on the KN7 the rewards were more. Sonar has a large learning curve and after listening to some of the sequence created on the KN7 I decided it was the best way to go. There are some great players/artists on this forum that always seem happy to help.

In My Humble Opinion, John C.

#68394 - 04/02/09 02:50 AM Re: Band In A Box
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
Hi John

Thanks for your post you make a very good point. What I am trying to achieve using these programs is reasonably good performance (song) from the KN7000 using all of its great sounds.

With Cubase, BIAB and the KN7000 all having a large learning curve I may not be getting the best from the KN7000 because my time is taken up learning the other programs.

Your post has given me something to think about - Thanks John

Glen

#68395 - 04/03/09 03:36 PM Re: Band In A Box
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Glen,

I haven't played with BIAB for quite some time but did make up a complete set of KN7000 Patch files for the companion sequencer program, Power Tracks Pro. The patches.ini file for PTP can be used to generate KN7000 patch files for BIAB and allow you to use the full range of KN sounds directly from BIAB. I have emailed a copy of my patches.ini file.

Len

#68396 - 04/04/09 03:35 AM Re: Band In A Box
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
Len

Many thanks, recieved it ok.

I am going away for a couple of weeks from Sunday so won't have access to a computer. I'll take a closer look when I get back.

Glen

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online