SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69173 - 09/24/09 10:04 AM Re: Performance Pads
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
It would seem from comments in this thread and emails which I have received, that there is considerable interest in Editing and Creating Performance Pads on the KN7000 (and 6000/6500). I would strongly recommend that all owners of these keyboards obtain a copy of Alec Pagida's book 'How Do I Do That' - which is still available in PDF format from Walt Tenay in USA.

I have been in contact with Walt, who is the copyright holder, to ask his permission to publish an extract from the Book on my website. He has kindly agreed to allow me to do this, and you can find the article "Creating Patterns in the Performance Pads", at Tip 27 on the Tech Tips Page - http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page10.html
The document is in PDF format so you will need a suitable PDF Reader installed on your PC, such as Adobe Reader or the much 'leaner' Foxit Reader - both freely available on the Internet - do a Google search........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69174 - 09/24/09 03:39 PM Re: Performance Pads
technicsplayer Offline

It must be remembered that these pad exercises were written by me a decade ago and are applicable to the KN6000 and 6500.

They did not give the same results with the KN7000 because obviously some styles and easy composer patterns used as the starting points for editing changed in the new keyboard, released years after that book was written.

However when I was asked to investigate if all the exercises could be applied to the KN7000, indeed they could, since all the principles and steps were just as pertinent, needing only a few small changes to the text.

Five years ago I provided a free update pdf document for KN6000/6500 owners who had bought the book and had then upgraded to the KN7000, describing the text changes for the newer keyboard and including a file for floppy disk creation or file for writing to SD card providing the missing files for KN7000 owners, and also the results of the editing exercises.

So it should be understood that the extract on Bill's site as it stands is only for the KN6000/6500.

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 09-24-2009).]

#69175 - 09/24/09 04:57 PM Re: Performance Pads
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks for your comments Alec - much appreciated If it is OK with you and Walt, I would be perfectly happy to add the KN7000 supplement to my web page, for the benefit of KN7000 owners.
My email address is in my profile on this forum and there is also a link on my website.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#69176 - 09/25/09 03:40 AM Re: Performance Pads
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Bill , another good idea .
These workshop /tutorials are just great !! there is so much to learn about on our Technics keyboards ....... i for one have only just scraped the surface on what can be done !!

No other forum offers this in depth knowledge !! We are lucky to have this high level of expertise ...that is willingly shared with us all .

The Technics Brand may have ceased ...but the keyboards live on !! and can more than hold their own against the newer products !!

regards ....Giovanni

#69177 - 09/25/09 03:48 PM Re: Performance Pads
technicsplayer Offline

For ease of understanding I've sent 2 pdfs to Bill, one for KN6000/6500 owners, and one for KN7000 owners, both in colour and better quality than the scan.

Also a zip file for KN7000 owners which they can unzip to floppy disk with the files required for the KN7000 update.

Naturally KN6000/6500 owners require no files since the patterns are already in the keyboard

#69178 - 09/25/09 04:47 PM Re: Performance Pads
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks Alec, I'll get my website updated - hopefully this weekend and post here when it's done.

Aldous Huxley

#69179 - 09/27/09 10:01 AM Re: Performance Pads
Bill Norrie Offline

Tech Tips page updated with new tutorials, 27 and 28, and a set of Technics files associated with the KN7000 tutorial, in Tip number 29. The tutorials are in PDF format and the Technics files are in ZIP format and should be unzipped to a Floppy disk

Many thanks to Alec and Walt for allowing me to add the data to my website

Aldous Huxley

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online