SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69540 - 11/25/09 05:02 AM Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
chahdok Offline

Loc: Geneva - Switzerland
Many thanks Bob. It is still a bit confused for me:
1- My converted styles sre on the diskette and not yet in the custom memory A/B/C.
2-Page 117, "Custom Style Copy" "FROM Memory Bank A/B/C" menu doesn't show my converted styles list to copy to => "Custom Style".
3-I can see my converted style list only in " Disk" menu and "Load" function.
Many thanks in advance and regards.

[This message has been edited by chahdok (edited 11-25-2009).]

#69541 - 11/25/09 08:40 AM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
A) Are you sure that what you are trying to load are 'CUSTOM styles'...?
B) Are you sure that whatever they are, they are not either zipped together or still within a file on your diskette..?
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 11-25-2009).]

#69542 - 11/25/09 01:15 PM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
When you load the converted styles into your KN6000/6500 the style rhythm is placed in the Composer. If you then want to move the style to one of the 20 custom memory locations, you need to use the procedure at page 117 of the KN6000 owner's manual. It is the same process in reverse that was discussed for the KN7000 in another thread where the page number was 121. In this case, be sure to set the copy direction so that the copy is from the Composer to Custom Memory. Then scroll through the Custom memory locations shown in the display to find the Custom Memory location that you want to use. On the Composer side of the display, select the Composer memory that you want to copy from. Then select OK. Do this for each of the styles that you want to put into Custom Memory.

When you use the Custom Copy utility, you copy more than the contents of the Composer. Several things, such as some panel memories, the sound memory, Pads, etc are also copied. Read the note at the bottom left of page 117 for details.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 11-25-2009).]

#69543 - 11/25/09 03:29 PM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
Bob Hendershot Offline

Chadok, please don't edit your first post to continue a thread. Almost didn't realize you had responded. Just submit a reply next time, so that your first post remains in the thread.

What you are calling "custom" memory A/B/C is really COMPOSER memory A/B/C.

The Disk menu lists all the files that are available on the disk. Select one of them and then select LOAD. When you do that, the style is copied from the disk to the internal COMPOSER memory of the keyboard. The file on the disk has all three of the Composer memories (A,B, and C) in the same file, although one or more could be empty. Usually memory A is used first. The COMPOSER memory is volatile and will go away when you turn off the keyboard.

You can only load one of the files from the disk at a time. Each time you load from disk the Composer data is replaced with whatever you load from disk. This is over simplified but is true for your converted styles.

If you want, you can load one file to the Composer, then copy that to CUSTOM memory which is non-volatile. Custom Memory will remain even after you turn the keyboard off. There are 20 custom memory locations available for you to use. So, you can copy the styles from the disk one at a time to the KN6500 Composer and then move them to Custom memory one at a time, if you wish.

#69544 - 11/26/09 01:52 AM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
chahdok Offline

Many thanks Bob. It works! Bob, 2 questions:
1- How can I prevent to overwrite the industry styles through my custom styles?
2- Where can I get the diskette or all files with industry styles, Patterns, instruments, Pads etc. in a word if I do a silly things I could restore the whole systems ?

Thanks again & regards.

#69545 - 11/26/09 05:39 AM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
Bob Hendershot Offline

Custom memory is a separate section of the keyboard's memory. Don't worry about losing the original built in styles, etc. The factory settings including all the sounds, styles, etc are safely stored away inside the keyboard. See Page 176 of your manual to see how to restore most factory settings with the INITIALIZE function. You can always get the keyboard back to exactly how it was manufacured that way. I have never owned a KN6000 but think a disk was provided that contains factory custom memory files. Maybe someone else on the forum has that data.

#69546 - 11/26/09 07:52 AM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
That's right Bob - the only thing you wipe out by loading new 'CUSTOM styles' are the existing CUSTOM Styles that are in there...

#69547 - 11/26/09 01:15 PM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The KN6000/6500 Initial Data Disk is available here :
http://www.technics-music-service.de/downloads/index.htm

Select the appropriate model and scroll down. There are also lots of new Registrations and sounds available on the page.............

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69548 - 11/26/09 11:47 PM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
chahdok Offline

Thanks Bill, Thanks Bob, Thanks RMepsted, Thanks Gunnar. Your are all so kind! Furthermore, is there someone who has a clou/Idea to find a Foot pedal SZ-FC2. I know that is not anymore available but I thought someone could have one and dosen't need it anymore. Regards

#69549 - 11/27/09 03:56 AM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
There is one available on eBay right now..... It's described as 'faulty' but only because they don't have a means of testing it - ie no Technics keyboard.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNICS-SZ-FC2---...124189002r38962

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69550 - 12/01/09 05:31 AM Re: Technics KN 6500- Load custom styles
chahdok Offline

Thanks Bill. I have missed this one . I f you find by chance another one please let me know.
Furthermore, I have a small problème with some of my custom styles : They are made on 6/8 or on 3/4 and Technics KN 6500 take, load & save them as 4/4 and there the probem starts because some part of the sequence left empty!
Is there a possibility within the KN6500 to adjust 4/4 into 6/8 or 3/4 etc ?
Many thanks best regards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online