SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#79332 - 12/25/05 06:30 PM What did Santa bring you?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What did Santa Claus bring you?
I was very fortunate. He brought an XM radio for my van (LOVE IT), a new golf jacket (Took it on it's maiden voyage today), sweat pants, and a happy Christmas weekend with my wife and kids. I wasn't expecting much since I recently bought a new DVD camcorder, Bose PAS and Sony digital still camera. Of course these were all job-related necessities!!
Tomorrow it's back to work! And I get to listen to great radio on the way.
Merry Christmas, all.
Don

#79333 - 12/25/05 06:41 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Santa Claus (or Sankt Martin) brought us back our grandma from hospital!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#79334 - 12/26/05 06:27 AM Re: What did Santa bring you?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Bills. Lots and lots of bills. Also, a really bad pain in my left eye (although that's gone now).

So just as I was ready to hang myself and end it all I walked over to a Xmas tree and found some good stuff:

Some new clothes, aftershave & skin care stuff (I don't really use much of that but I guess it's my wife's way of saying that I should) , lots of DVDs and CDs, some rare Korg and Roland card sets as well.

That was nice!

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

#79335 - 12/26/05 07:42 AM Re: What did Santa bring you?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My beloved father-in-law was healthy enough to be with us on Christmas. He's 89 and a last stage Alzheimer's. Hasn't been in condition to leave the nursing home for over a year.

It's probably the last Christmas he'll be with us. His visit was the best present ever.

Cherish every minute you have with the ones you love!

Russ

#79336 - 12/26/05 08:27 AM Re: What did Santa bring you?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Russ, you are right. Who was to know that last Christmas would be my mother's last?
Don

#79337 - 12/26/05 02:38 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
A couple of new braided 1/4" cords, mega sets of guitar strings, Mark Knofler dvd.

Ed....I got a similar stabbing pain in my left eye also.....

..then I took the spoon out of my coffee and the pain went away......amazing...

------------------
...shboom

#79338 - 12/26/05 04:43 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
Dnj Offline

For Xmas I got to work........drove 1hr each way to do a show.........but putting smiles on the peoples faces was all I needed for me to make the holiday special...
A few nigths ago after a big show a customer came up to me & said "Donny, God gave You a gift...& do you know why he gave it to you?"
When I answered why? he said
"To share it with others"

#79339 - 12/26/05 05:19 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... one of the BEST Christmases ever ... I have to say this Holiday has ALWAYS been special in our family ... lots of food, drink, presents, but mostly LOVE ... For several years we have been going to Lydia's sister and brother-in-law's house for Christmas eve, and having Christmas Day at our house... this year, because we have the house 'on the market' and it might be our last Christmas holiday in this house, my wife wanted to switch things around, because ALL the kids (ours, thiers, etc,) would be around for the eve ... 15 adults, 10 kids (oldest 10 yrs) ... stuffed shrimp, fried calamari, linguini with lobster sauce (lobsters cooked in tomato sauce), baked stuffed lobster, prime sirloins for the carnivores .....desserts... Carols and Christmas songs sung by all after dinner while waiting for Santa ... it was a BLAST ... Christmas day whittled down to 11 adults and only 4 kids for appetizers, shrimp cocktail, prime rib roast .. etc. etc. etc. ... so thankful I have today AND tomorrow off ... although tomorrow (Tues) I am going for a stress test as part of my annual physical ... not looking forward to that after this weekend) ....
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 12-26-2005).]

#79340 - 12/26/05 07:03 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Wow, Tony, that sounds like one fun party at your house. I get hungry just reading your menu
I just had a breathing test and flunked it w/ 26 % blockage, so I too have to go for a stress test next week. I don't know much about it so I haven't had to worry over it yet. Jann had one after she had the heart attack and she didn't think it was too bad. I guess we will survive it if she did
Happy New Year to you, and all the rest of our friends here
Bebop

#79341 - 12/26/05 11:43 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Work gave me a Sony PSP which is a small handheld games console with a very crisp HDTV ratio display. Apart from playing games it has a web browser and wireless networking built in and I read the forums on it here while sitting in a wireless hotspot. Very cool. Plus it plays videos, photos and MP3s. Oh yeah it plays video games as well of course.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-27-2005).]

#79342 - 12/27/05 11:25 AM Re: What did Santa bring you?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Work gave me a Sony PSP

Nigel,

Wow . . . awesome dude!

It must be especially exciting to be playing games you yourself helped to CREATE (for them) on it. Care to share which games you helped to create for the PSP?

Wishing you and Kerry the best in 2006.

- Scott

#79343 - 12/27/05 06:57 PM Re: What did Santa bring you?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
well, santa brought me a Ketron sd1+, the kids bought me a couple of new aussie cd's & hubby surprised me with a rugby league calender 2006.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online