Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85044 - 02/18/05 09:08 PM News alert
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
NEWS ALERT!
Benton, Louisiana 6:00 P.M. February 18, 2005

Legendary entertainer DonM today took time away from a frenetic touring schedule and posted five birdies enroute to shooting a three-under par 68 on the grueling Palmetto Country Club golf course near here.
DonM, despite fighting unseasonably severe weather, with temperatures dipping into the high 60's and wind gusting to near 3 m.p.h., collected close to $16.00 in winnings for his effort. "There were several times during the day when I had to zip up my windbreaker", he said after the round.
In addition, recent showers had restricted the use of golf carts to cart-paths only on at least three holes, requiring actual walks of up to 25 yards, even while carrying as many as three golf clubs. "I'm exhausted, yes, but I'm sure my team-mates appreciate what I've been through for their benefit", DonM graciously explained.
When asked about rumored plans to give up the entertainment business to pursue golf on a full-time basis, DonM modestly replied, "I owe it my vast legion of fans in both music and golf to continue my pursuit of excellence in both endeavors".
In reply to a question from one of his vanquished foes as to what he attributed his success, DonM said, "After figuring out the operating system on a Ketron SD1, then the golf swing suddenly became elementary by comparison".
Fellow competitors acknowledged the Herculeon accomplishment with a post-round toast. "We'll drink to anything", one was quoted as saying, "may as well be what's-his-name".

#85045 - 02/18/05 11:15 PM Re: News alert
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
BRAVO Don.....good show...and great reporting

#85046 - 02/19/05 07:23 AM Re: News alert
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Awe shucks! You really know how to rub salt into an open wound. Today, the temperature may get up to 30, it was 9 degrees this morning and they're calling for a mix of snow and freezing rain tomorrow. Guess I'll mix up a fresh batch of Kickapoo Joy Juice and get started early.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#85047 - 02/19/05 08:16 AM Re: News alert
DonM Offline

When my kids were small, around 3 and 8, they had never seen snow, so one Sunday we started driving north into Arkansas, where they were having snow. We drove around 150 miles, stopped at a city park and let them build snowmen and have a snowball fight. We made videos and drove back home. Oh the inconveniece of it all!
Looks like the grass needs mowing. I'll wake up my wife.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-19-2005).]

#85048 - 02/19/05 08:56 AM Re: News alert
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Don:

Do you set on the porche and keep a eye on her while she's on the tractor, just in case you need to wave her down when you need another drink????

Great report btw.....

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

#85049 - 02/19/05 09:19 AM Re: News alert
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... I HATE you for SO MANY reasons!!!

.... kidding OF COURSE ... just the envy coming out ... the only way I'd get 5 birdies in one day is if I used a shotgun in a pigeon coop ... ....

GREAT entertainer, keyboardist, and GOLFER !!! ...
... kind of reminds me of a guy I knew in SI, NY ... played the Newport Jazz festival at the age of 16 ... GREAT tenor sax player ... after college pretty much gave up the horn to study medicine ... became a very successful doctor ... too much talent for one person ...
t.

#85050 - 02/19/05 11:07 AM Re: News alert
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Hey Don, I can tell you have a rough life. Why not com-on up and visit for awhile. I'm right on the 2nd fareway here. Being that it's pretty well snow covered, no guilt feelings for not being out there right now. We can work everything out on the SD1 before the first thaw in a few months.

#85051 - 02/19/05 12:56 PM Re: News alert
DonM Offline

How bout you come here, and I'll return the visit during your summer--July 6th and 7th, isn't it?

DonM

#85052 - 02/19/05 05:15 PM Re: News alert
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
There was a little snow in Lancaster UK today. Still I put the roof down on the car and got some wind in my face all the same. Wonderful!

Excellent report Don and I shall pay no heed to Mark Twain who reportedly said that golf ruined a good walk!

Best wishes
Tony

#85053 - 02/20/05 07:32 AM Re: News alert
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
You should have been a writer, Don, that's really done well!

Congrats on your great golf, that's super.

Did I ever tell you my double eagle (albatross) story? The day (on your golf course), I eagled #2, DOUBLE EAGLED #12, made three birdies. And shot 74 or 78 or some such nonsense. I don't think I had a par.

What was funny was that, someone, I forget who it was, EAGLED that #12 and GOT BEAT. Isn't that something?

I also remember very well that I did not get to take the ball out of the hole. A guy threw it back to me after he said "Here it is" and I looked at him and he reached down into the hole and got my ball and threw it at me. I was looking for my ball behind the green. I think maybe he was the one who eagled the hole once we got settled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online