SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86623 - 01/17/06 04:20 PM Re: My new pussy cat!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Tony,

You must get out more. About 50 years ago, the slang word for car in the U.S. was wheels, therefore, when someone says "Nice Wheels they're referring to the entire car--not the wheels. I'm still trying to find out why speaking American is called speaking English--definitely two different languages.

Cheers,

Gary

ROFL Gary,
See.....I'm just a square Englishman! Never for one minute did it occur to me that Lounge was reffering to the whole car!!!

You are too right .....English and American are two very different languages!
best wishes
Tony

#86624 - 01/17/06 04:26 PM Re: My new pussy cat!
Tony W Offline

Bebop,
Feel sorry for you Pal, that is a lot to lose. Mind you like cat's in general these cars are known to be fickle at the best of times.....rather aloof! However when they are on form there is no better car in my opinion. (and I love cars).

Don,
Nig won't drive em!!! He says they scare him. (Fine by me.....he can have my money, Play my keyboards, monopolise my time....whatever he asks of me BUT DONT TOUCH MY CAR )

best wishes
Tony

#86625 - 01/18/06 12:07 AM Re: My new pussy cat!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
Nig won't drive em!!! He says they scare him.

Tony, your Jag looks absolutely wonderful. I hope it treats you well. I'm very jealous.

I still drive the same American car I have been driving for many years now. It's a Camaro Z28. With the back seat down I can fit in a guitar amp, keyboard amp, Motif 6 plus 2 guitars. I call her Chrissie.

#86626 - 02/02/06 03:35 AM Re: My new pussy cat!
Tony W Offline

Nigel apologies for not replying sooner (I get distracted you know )

The Camero looks wonderful. I do get a little obsessed with cars and it is a good thing I don't live in the US as your cars always seem stunning to me. I would be bankrupt within a month! Love the colour.... I once had a Ford Probe in a very similar blue.
Best wishes
Tony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online