SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87157 - 01/27/08 06:45 PM Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
..because I'll be in NYC watching "A Chorus Line" on Broadway with my 20 yr old daughter ! Yay!!!!!
There's nothing good on TV anyway, so we're hittin' the city to take in some culture !
( can't wait for Baseball season! )

#87158 - 01/28/08 06:40 AM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
no Eagles, no interest, eh UD ... especially with the 'up the turnpike' GIANTS playing ...
Well, you've certainly picked a great way to spend the day ...
If you are looking for a GOOD Italian restaurant before/after the show try this one http://www.trattoriatrecolori.com/
... really good food, moderate prices ESPECIALLY for Manhattan ...
Ask for Marco, and tell him 'Tony from Rhode Island' recommended it ...
GO GIANTS !!!
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 01-28-2008).]

#87159 - 01/28/08 09:47 AM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
UD, didn't you get the memo? The Giants are Now America's Team! Everyone (including Eagles fans), are rooting for the Giants to beat the Evil Patriots Empire!

All kidding aside, my daughter took me out to dinner this past Saturday night on a rare night off to a Japanese restaurant. For no special occasion at all. she will be 17 next month, but I let her drive to the restaurant in her own car.

It was special having some quality time with this young woman listening to her talk about her life in high school, work, martial arts, etc.

It was probably the best night out I've had in a LOOOONNNNGGGG time.

Enjoy your night with your daughter!

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#87160 - 01/28/08 12:18 PM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
So glad to hear a dad talk like that, Al.
Always enjoy hearing Dave speak so fondly of his daughter.

Way to go, both of you!

Russ

#87161 - 01/28/08 12:37 PM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My two "young" sons, 18 and 23, and I went out to eat last night. My wife stayed home to puppy-sit. We had a really great time. Went to eat Mexican Food and we all acted like 15-year-olds. Lots of bad Spanish, silly jokes and general tom-foolery. Nothing serious at all. You can't beat times like these.
I'm very blessed by "my three sons". All of them are great.
I'll be in Tulsa watching the Super Bowl with my oldest son, his wife and my grandson. I'll be another Grandpa in about three weeks btw. This will be the first child for my 23-year old.
I'll be thinking about you, Dave, on S.Bowl day. Have a great time!
DonM

#87162 - 01/28/08 12:52 PM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I didn't know it had to be a special occasion to have dinner with your kids..

I do it all the time...I guess I will have to break the news to them...no more...Only special occasions..like my SZ buddies..

#87163 - 01/28/08 03:48 PM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I would normally watch the stupidbowl, just to see the commercials ( I don't even like the 1/2 time show anymore - too overdone ), but Broadway? There is just NO CONTEST. If the Eagles were in it ..... hmmmmm, I'd have to think about that one. But me and Katie, Broadway lights, Tony's favorite Italian restaurant .... sound like a Super Sunday to me !

#87164 - 01/28/08 07:39 PM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

WE (my wife Lydia and I) took our four grandchildren (ages 9 through 7) to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas show ... The wonder in their eyes began as we got off the train and walked into Grand Central Station ... watching and listening to them as we walked through Manhattan was a thrill in itself ..

Bear with me, but I've got to tell this story ...
Several years ago we were in Staten Island NY for Thanksgiving ... the day after, the weather was real nice, so I went out to play some golf ... I got hooked up with another guy and as we played we talked and had a number of things in common - our kids went to the same grade schools, our sons to the same high school, etc.
I happened to mention that my wife and I were meeting my son and his fiance (at the time) in Greenwich Village the next night ... he was amazed at the fact that we were going to a 'club' with our son and future daughter-in-law and some of their friends ...He told me that he had never been to a bar with his son ... I suggested he do so soon, before it was too late ...
Later, I couldn't help but think of what this guy and his son had missed through the years by not socializing with each other ...

I'm with you Fran ... every day is a special occasion if we make it one ...
t.

#87165 - 01/28/08 07:44 PM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

PS: Knowing what an avid GIANTS fan I am, my son's neighbor in NY has invited me to his house to watch the game - he said I shouldn't have to watch it in RI with all Pats fans ... the bonus - my son, the J-E-T-S fan is rooting for the G-men as is my grandson ...
Can't wait ...
t.

#87166 - 01/31/08 10:42 AM Re: Can't wiat for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY !!!!!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We are rooting for Tom Brady because.......
he is from right here where we live. Bred, Born, and raised here in San Mateo. and guess what?
In high School, he played FOOTBALL and played it well.
Go Tommy
bebop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online