SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87180 - 02/04/08 05:21 AM Congratulations to the World Champs!!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Congratulations to the Giants on a great run!

It was an amazing game, if not the best game ever. Very entertaining.

My office sits in Lower Manhattan, right on Broadway and I have a front row seat for the Ticker Tape parade down the Canyon of Hero's!!1

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#87181 - 02/04/08 06:55 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Al ... very exciting game ...
good for you with those front row 'seats' ...
t.

#87182 - 02/04/08 09:37 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
kbrkr Offline

Tony, I thought I would need a defibrillator during that game!!

#87183 - 02/04/08 10:43 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Al what a front row seat you have enjoy!!

Hey guys talk about you'd need a defrib. Guess what............they had to give me a defrib, just kidding. Well I love the Yankees, but I'm a Pats fan........my former office secretary and good friend is the director of the NE Pats cheer leading squad. Not to mention the firm I work for has had players as clients.

I just had a repair man to the house for some work he said his son was so distraught over the Pats loss that the kid was home from school sick today.

#87184 - 02/04/08 10:58 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Al what a front row seat you have enjoy!!
Hey guys talk about you'd need a defrib. Guess what............they had to give me a defrib, just kidding. Well I love the Yankees, but I'm a Pats fan........my former office secretary and good friend is the director of the NE Pats cheer leading squad. Not to mention the firm I work for has had players as clients.
I just had a repair man to the house for some work he said his son was so distraught over the Pats loss that the kid was home from school sick today.

Unfortunately, the Pats set the bar pretty high this season, especially early on, and you would be hard pressed to find a Pats fan that didn't think they would win the SB, and possibly 'embarrass' the GIANTS... I even heard one Pats fan from CT on a sports talk show in NY say he "didn't want to rain on the GIANTS fans' parade", but he predicted a score of 45 to 17 !!! ...
But two things that were overlooked in the last few weeks was that the Pats play had declined somewhat, to the point that San Diego, with NO running game kept it very close; and that the GIANTS defense had been playing VERY well, and had led the league in QB sacks ... and without his usual protection, Brady just became another 'good' QB ... I compliment the GIANTS coaching staff on finding ways to get to him and not allow him to put up points as he did against them in the last regular season game ...
t.

#87185 - 02/04/08 03:51 PM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
kbrkr Offline

Hey, if you guys come up to New York, I'll buy lunch and you can party with me and the G-Men. Opportunities like this don't come around but once in a lifetime!!

Steve, you live in Connect-the-dot don't you? You guys have it tough since your between NY and MA. Being a Yankee fan and a Pat's fan is a great illustration of that. Well, as long as your a Yankee fan your ok in my book! LOL

BTW, how are you feeling? Has it been two weeks since your surgery? Are you up and around walking?

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

#87186 - 02/04/08 04:37 PM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony, the Pats set the bar high. I still believe in the law of averages and my fear this season was that it would catch up with them at the wrong time, it did for a number of reasons. I get worried at times when a team is favored. And you can see what happened at Super Bowl Kudos to the Giants they got the job done, as you say they got Brady.

Al not only am I a Yankee fan but my Uncle originally from White Plains via Brooklyn Art "Dutch" Schult played for the Yanks click on the following link:
Art Schult

LOL on the subject of living in connect-the-dot I have never heard it put quite that way, but I like it. I live in Rhode Island but work for a firm that's located 15 miles north of Foxboro Stadium and 11 miles south of Fenway park. Luckily my boss is a Yankee fan too, we take the heat big time. But that is very typical as you know in connect-the-dot

Thanks for asking, I'm doing well with surgery, it was 3 weeks ago. The bigger problem for me now is not to push the envelop too hard. I feel strong and ready to go.........but the Doctor tells me to take it slow( as does my wife) I won't be able to drive for a couple more days and then only short distances, definitely not to work.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-04-2008).]

#87187 - 02/05/08 08:25 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
tony mads usa Offline

Al, ... how is that parade going?
t.

#87188 - 02/05/08 09:58 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
kbrkr Offline

As soon as I find a CF card reader, I'll post some pics.

Thanks for asking T-man!!

#87189 - 02/05/08 11:25 AM Re: Congratulations to the World Champs!!
tony mads usa Offline

Al ...
Due to the miracle of modern technology, I was actually able to watch much of the parade and ceremony on CBS.com ...
But would still like to see your pix ...

t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online