SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#88174 - 05/06/09 08:04 AM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Proper use of the left hand in soft spot so the hand doesn't get injured:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xpdR6s8kJk

In this case, the carotid.

Creates a sudden bloodflow problem and down they go, everytime.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#88175 - 05/08/09 07:50 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Now that the weekend is here,
How you doin' Captain Russ?
Eddie

#88176 - 05/09/09 02:15 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Eddie. I'm sore, but will make it. Tomorrow, I'll do an 8 straight hours for Mothers Day at a private club I've worked for over 20 years.

The thing that really pisses me off is, this little jerk has found a BS lawyer, and is threatening to sue me for assault and lots of other stuff unless I agree to a $50,000 out of court settlement.

The guy has a sheet 4 pages long, including assault, breaking and entering, armd robbery, etc. He is claiming that he only pulled the knife after I attacked him with the club I pulled out of the drawer. He is claiming that he was just looking for work at 6:00 AM in the morning.

Sad thing is, my lawyer says that, in the end, paying the guy off might be the least costly and time consuming way to go. The guy is in jail and will be prosecuted for terroristic threatening, bodily injury, being a repeat offender and other criminal charges. This little weesel lawyer is threatening a civil action, and I'm told he can do that even though the little jerk who cut me is convicted on the criminal charges. The guy also wants me to cover court costs, medical expenses, compensate for loss of work (HA HA)
and other stuff.

What a deal!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 05-09-2009).]

#88177 - 05/09/09 02:26 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I am really shocked Russ and hope you get over your injuries very soon. This type of behavior isn't typical of most people you try to help but we have always got to remember there is always the occasional bad apple.

And I also agree leave the Taurus where it is because you may really need it someday. You obviously have good judgement when to use it or not .... cos I would have been very tempted to pull that rather than the club when someone threatened me with bodily harm. But you must have decided that was not the time.

#88178 - 05/09/09 02:30 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Personally I think I would pay more on principle just not to pay him off. It would be worth the extra money not to have someone like that come out on top. Of course that would depend how much extra that could turn out to be.

#88179 - 05/09/09 02:34 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
Nigel Offline
Admin

And don't feel bad at all that you hurt him. It just may make him think twice about doing the same to someone else and could possibly end up killing an innocent person. He should consider himself lucky that his injuries weren't much much worse.

#88180 - 05/09/09 08:45 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Sad thing is, my lawyer says that, in the end, paying the guy off might be the least costly and time consuming way to go.

Nah...no way. Is our legal system so screwed up this could actually happen? I think I would shop around and get a second opinion. Keep us posted, Captain.

Eddie

#88181 - 05/12/09 11:56 AM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Russ, just saw this.
You shoulda used the gun, the 45 part, then the guy wouldn't be suing you. We wouldn't have to pay for prosecuting him then housing and feeding him for the next few years. He will also receive free advanced crime lessons while in jail.
Still, you probably did the right thing. Hope you recover quickly.
DonM

#88182 - 05/13/09 04:29 PM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Killin' ain't the way to go, man.

Only justifiable if given absolutely no other reoourse in order to save other human lives.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#88183 - 05/18/09 09:09 AM Re: May be out of commission for a week or so...
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Russ

If you had pulled out the 45 then the guy would have backed off and ran.

You really did the right thing about the lawyer, these scum bag bottom feeders are the lowest form of predator. He figured you for easy pickings. Check with your lawyer about where to report this incedent, most people are just happy to get away from this sort of scum. There are agencys that deal with this stuff and one would want it on the record for the next poor guy this sleez bag tries to rip off.

Tack care

Jerry

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online