SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#95023 - 09/30/03 06:57 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Gary,
The setup looks really cool. Very nice indeed. Mind you I liked the 'before' shot as well! Probably becuase I love to have all my toys around me! Seeing as I don't play profesionally and hence don't have to lug it all around, take it down and set it up again I suppose I can afford the luxury.
Very best to you
Tony W

------------------
http://www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#95024 - 09/30/03 07:49 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Gary, you have very clean, nice looking rig.
I bet you like it better every time you have
to setup & take down.
Denny

#95025 - 09/30/03 07:54 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary and Donny, I love the set up, and I love the so quick response I recieved. Thank you.

I have been think of adding a PC to my set up, it seems to be very popular.

I know I can use the PC to control the Van Bosco program to play midi sequences.

Now I see that I can use the PC for info, sheet music, lyrics, and chords---I like that. I play live 95% of the time, so this could help a great deal.

When I use the Van Bosco Program, I press a letter, let's say "L", then all the songs beginning with "L" show on the screen. This makes for an easy search.

Question; Is there a word program that will work the same way? I am familiar with the Micosoft Word program, but I can't find a way to do what I have just explained above.

Thanks again. John C.

If there is any topic that I can help with on this forum, please tell me. I own a KN7000 and a Tyros. The Tyros arrived a week ago.

#95026 - 09/30/03 07:58 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, I liked the other setup when it came to playing, but the setup and tear down time was 30 minutes and there were wires everywhere. Life's a lot easier now.

Denny, Thanks for the complements. And, simplicity is the only way to go in this business, especially on the days when you play doubles and the jobs are some distance apart. Did a double shortly after I put this rig together and never broke into a sweat setting up or tearing down--just one trip to the van is all it takes.

Thanks guys,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95027 - 09/30/03 08:26 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Size, weight and setup speed are extremely important. I will be doing 6 one-hour jobs in two days coming up soon. My setup is now very close to DNJ and Gary, and getting closer every day, thanks to their help. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.
John, we just use the Windows folders to store lyrics, mp3s, etc. It will work just as yours does for VBasco.
Don

#95028 - 10/01/03 08:36 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Very nice setup Gary!

As to the backdrop, you're in my kind of country my friend. It almost looks like your backyard is adjoining a regular full fledged forest. Looks alot like what Oregon looks like on any given day. Ah, greenery. You must have some of the freshest air in the vincinity Gary. The great outdoors. I love it! Country livin' is the best there is IMO.

Best regards,
Mike

#95029 - 10/01/03 09:22 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,
The woods behind the house measures about 2,800 acres and mainly consists of hardwoods situated within a steep valley. I only own 5.5 acres of it, but the vast majority of the adjoining property is undevelopable, which means lots of peace and quiet, relatively clean air, and running through the back end of my place is a small stream that holds a few, native, brook trout. Like most places in the nation, we have too many deer, lots of squirels, a few wild turkey, fox, raccoon, ground hogs, beaver and more varieties of birds than most folks can imagine. I've been here for 32 years and despite last year's brutally cold winter, I still like where I'm living. However, as I grow older, south Florida, especially the Florida Keys, is looking better every day. The older you get, the colder you get.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95030 - 10/01/03 10:15 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary....
I will alert Jimmy Buffet
Eddie

#95031 - 10/02/03 08:44 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I still like where I'm living. However, as I grow older, south Florida, especially the Florida Keys, is looking better every day. The older you get, the colder you get.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary, south Florida is a fisherman's dream! If I lived there I would probably be taking my boat out every other day. Why settle for trout when you can go for Tarpon, Kingfish, Blackfin Tuna, or Wahoo! And I agree that Maryland gets too cold in the Winter Gary.

I have relatives living on Merritt Island which is near the Kennedy Space Center. In fact they can watch the Shuttle lift off's from the comfort of their own backyard. The Keys would be ideal for fishing though. Just be sure to head inland when one of those whipper-snapper hurricanes comes barreling through.

Best regards,
Mike

#95032 - 10/02/03 02:47 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The woods behind the house measures about 2,800 acres and mainly consists of hardwoods situated within a steep valley. I only own 5.5 acres of it, but the vast majority of the adjoining property is undevelopable, which means lots of peace and quiet,

Gary, That sounds soooo good--peace and quiet, woods, Hmmmm!!
I live In West Palm beach, Florida--We should trade site once a year.

John C.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online