SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97013 - 12/20/04 11:38 AM Premium for New Year's Eve
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
What type of premium fee do you feel is right for New Year's Eve? 2x? 3x your normal fee? More?

#97014 - 12/20/04 11:50 AM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
2x to 3x at LEAST, but as ALWAYS, it depends on what the 'traffic will bear', the venue, what they are charging the public, the relationship between the establishment and the musician, etc. ... In the past there were times when I was working steady, say at a nice restaurant, if the management wasn't doing anything special, except perhaps a 'champagne toast' at midnight, they often couldn't see why they should pay the musician anything more for NYE ....
t.

#97015 - 12/20/04 11:59 AM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I've had my New Years Eve gigs pre-booked a year in advance for several years now, with my fee set at 3x my standard rate. I suppose I might get more if I waited till closer to the event before accepting bookings, but these New Years Eve venues have now become a memorable annual event for me as well. I guess it's not ALL ABOUT money afterall. - Scott

#97016 - 12/20/04 12:02 PM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I've heard musicians say "We can't make crap anymore and this is the only night I can make a decent wage and I'm jacking it up as high as I can go." They're right, the question is how high. Of course, it depends on where and what kind of entertainer you are. TYpe of music.

#97017 - 12/20/04 01:07 PM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The people I work for as my "house" job pay me a monthly fee year round to do marketing work and play 4 nights a week in the summer.

I never ask for more on New Years, but the owner generally gives me $200.00 cash at the end of the night.

I've been on this job for 13 years, so I am happy with that. I have turned down much more, but this just seems right to me. I enjoy the staff, and whouldn't choose to be anywhere else.

The best to you and yours this holiday,

russ

#97018 - 12/20/04 02:53 PM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Hi everyone I'm new here, although I've checked in on this forum for about 4 years. I'm a song writer, keyboards, accordian, guitar, drums, concertina, trombone..etc O.K, I play alot of instruments. I do solo acts only for promotonal purposes. This topic is interesting because 3x is good money for one person. We have 5 guys in the band plus a sound guy which will make 4 franklins out of 7.5x for new years eve night, 2 hour show. You guys have convinced me, I plan on just doing solo act next year and to make 3x will be awesome.

[This message has been edited by SYNTH_GUY (edited 12-24-2004).]

#97019 - 12/20/04 04:21 PM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
4 franklins out of 7.5x for new years eve night

What's that mean?

#97020 - 12/20/04 07:23 PM Re: Premium for New Year's Eve
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I could have booked five NY Eve parties easily this year. I kinda scale my NY Eve charge by how early in the year I can book it. In other words, the earlier in the year it gets booked, the more I ask. We can always negotiate down later in the year if they balk, or somebody else will take the date. The price gets cheaper the closer the date comes. This year went high - it was booked last February.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online