Just as a follow-up to my original topic from last month, I just got a reply from Steve Deming of Yamaha (June 23, 2003). My question was whether Yamaha was going to release voice definitions for the 9000 Pro and their XGWorks program, or provide 9000 Pro OPT voice editing panels. It appears that the answer is, as expected, neither:
-----------------------------------------------

Our Product Information Department (part of Customer Support) was renamed Web Planning and given responsibility for the entire Yamaha Corp. of America web presence. The upside is, our website is improving overall, the downside is things like Instrument Definitions are much lower on their priority list. I don't think there's going to be an OPT panel for the 9000 PRO. I've already sent a request to Japan through our liaison, but so far, nothing. I wish I had better news.

Regards,

Steve Deming
----------------------------------------------

I appreciate Steve looking into this, although his message a year ago stated that they were already at work on an OPT voice editing panel for the 9000 Pro. Guess not. I get the feeling that Yamaha is trying to ignore the 9000 Pro and make it just go away.