Wait a second Squeak.

I play professionally. Albeit, I'm not a millionaire, but this PSR3000 has been to about 500 gigs. That's a lot of roughing up. It's been in my trunk through subzero cold and 90 degree heat. It's been turned on and off a lot and jostled around a lot.

I almost expect a keyboard to need repair under these circumstances. That is why I purchased two PSR3000s.

I am sure that there are other brands that have better construction. I feel, however, that the PSR3000 is built adequately.

Comparing it to a Roland Fantom is like apples and oranges. For $1500 you can also get a great motorcycle. By the way, I spent a lot less than $1500 on the PSR3000.

Anyway, I posted this to get ideas of what my techy should look for when he opens up my keyboard.

I think the PSR3000 is an amazing keyboard. I wish there was as much competition in making arranger keyboards as there is with cell phones or computer motherboards. But among the few competitors to Yamaha, I haven't found anything that does it for me. I'm so comfortable with the PSR3000, it just feels right. The other keyboards seem like having to learn a foreign language.

Beakybird