Hey Mike

lol. I told ScottY the same thing about the shape of the Tyros 2. A guy would have to be careful so they don't poke themselves.

I understand the reason those pics were yanked was because nobody was authorized to take pics. What was seen, as I understand it, was just an idea of what it may look like, that it was just a plastic body with no guts. All that was heard were recordings.

As for me, I will never get anything larger that the 61 note keyboard. If anything, I hope there is are some modules that become available. If the Tyros 2 is 61 keys as I understand it, I really, really hope they make it smaller. Like about the size of the PSR3000. I really believe that can be done. And I also believe that the Tyros could fit into a PSR3000 case, but, my hunch is that it was made that size for aesthetic reasons only. To look nice, to look like its more than a KMart special, to make it look more valuable. That's my take on it.

The idea of a 7 pound module and a 7 pound controller keyboard sounds super to me. I'd be the first one in line for that.

Either way, I really hope that the weight of their keyboards at least stays the same or goes down. That's one reason I doubt I'd ever get a Korg PA1X or a Roland G70 no matter how great they may sound, and I'm sure that they do.

I am considering getting a Korg PA50 though. OMG, I should have warned everyone before I said that. You know, the ones that think I dislike anything other than a Yammie. haha

I like it because it is only about 25 pounds and has some neat sounds and styles. Something new and fresh. I understand it sounds identical to the PA80. I haven't heard one, but I suppose the PA1X sounds better than the PA50/60/80.

In general, I still think Yamaha has more better sounds, but Korg has a number of nice sounds, and some refreshingly different styles.

Of course, I will keep my Tyros until the next generation comes out.

Yap, yap. OK, that's enough yummering for now.

Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 04-15-2005).]