I'm going to do mine first to last.

1st - Yamaha PS6100. After hauling around a spinet organ and external Leslie for 15 plus years it was great. I only used it for playing in a bigband and it had just two or three good voices on it but that was all I needed. I built a small electronic tremolo unit for the organ sound and used it for years. I still have it somewhere in my basement.

2nd - Yamaha PSR740. This was light years ahead of anything I knew about when I got it. Compared to the PS6100 I was in heaven.

3rd - Ketron X1 bought from Don Mason. I had a ball with it and used it trouble free for 3 years until I sold it. Great sounds and styles although some of the styles were too busy sounding. I loved the saxes, clarinets, brass, and accordions.

4th and present - Yamaha Tyros. I am very happy, great jazz and bigband styles. Styles are a little repetitive and simple but very usable. I also gained multipads and to me a better harmonizer than the Ketron. I feel it has great organs and guitars, and IMHO a better piano than the X1. I feel that the woodwinds and brass are not up to par with the X1 but still very usable. Operating system needs a few tweeks but simple enough. I don't use MIDI files so I can't comment on their playback. Out of the box setup from Yamaha sucks but with the right tweeks received from forum members like Gary and Don and Donny a great sounding keyboard.

Tom

Tom