Mike, there are a couple in-differences in the manual and what you have stated. Maybe you can check again.

It appears that you still have the Reverb, Chorus, and delay in the realtime parts parameters..
As you mention in Style and song edits , there are Reverb and Chorus, but the delay is available in the Reverb[although it probably is limited to one choice].

In the Tool Makeup it is as you stated Reverb[delay option] and Chorus..This appears different than the realtime part parameters..

It also appears that we can apply after touch on more than one parameter..

As an owner of the G800, I noticed a big difference for the better when I purchased the G1000..The G1000 bank of sounds were better and although I thought the G800 sequence playback was good..the G1000 was much better...In fact when I purchased a VA-7, it did not sound as good as the G1000 to me[sequence playback]..Even many of the sounds I thought were better on the G1000[and several from the G800 bank were better].
I thought maybe the stereo samples lacked the fullness of the G1000 mono samples..
Also I agree with you about the drums..the G1000 just had more punch and overall presence than the VA series.

BTW , I think that the stereo samples in the Fantom, have lost the luster of the earlier XP/XV units..
I sure hope that the G70 will impress me in the Sequence playback department...if it doesn't, I will still use the G1000.

Another feature I hope is improved on the G70..is the way the SMF is played from the selection page..The G1000 works perfect with a single button push...The VA needed an extra button push to load before playing..Please tell me they fixed this on the G70..