hi again,
umm, nothing really was bad about it, apart fro the big imbalances between the main variations and the fills/intros/outros...some of them, particularly outros, were just so not in keeping with the style variation you were playing..example if you are playing variation one, and want to end using variation one and the select an ending the volume and instrumentation was way over the top compared to the variation (usually okay when playing variation 4 though!!)....apparently this has been fixed on the op system and on the pa800 (which i also tried) but i didnt see a great deal of difference, there probably was, i just didnt notice it....thats one thing with the sd the intros/outros and fills seem to match whichever variation you are playing.....the harmoniser on the PA, whilst very good, was very fiddly to set up properly, but when setup worked well....to be honest if i could have got the same deal on the pa1xpro elite, and the sd1 it would have been close...probably the limited polyphony of the pa would have swung it for the sd as the Plus package and OS has actually increased the polyphony, so on the sd this could be further added to as it must be a software thing, wheras on the korg it is a hardware limitation....
hope that helps some...ask anything else you can think of before you buy if you like, i will try to answer it as best i can...bottom line? the pa1x is a super keyboard and in the elite form is even better...i really doubt if you will be disappointed....if you do buy one let me know(no i dont know if you use them or not) but i have about 200 midis set up for the pa1x that i am quite happy for you to have a copy of...all tweaked by me, and in some cases completely re-written...(whihc i have now got to do on the sd, and so far its proving to be rather complicated )
cheers
dennis