Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
The new Fantom G8 comes with a brand new keyboard that is said to be a DREAM to play!

top-of-the-line PHA II “Ivory Feel” keyboard. This amazing keyboard technology reproduces the real surface feel of ivory acoustic piano keys providing a familiar stability and comfort to the pianist. The white keys have a 2-piece structure which reduces the surface ‘click’ noise when playing. The newly developed keyboard surface material is designed to absorb moisture, ensuring a secure, slip-proof feel that your fingers will love

The specs look really good, but I'll reserve my comments till I try the action myself.

Since it is new, just how reliable it is will be is a factor that must be considered as well.

Yamaha has a similar material on the keys of the high end CVP line...they call it "Ivoryite"...absorbs moisture like ivory key tops used to before they were outlawed.

T'wouldn't be a surprise if Yamaha began using it on their Digital Stage Pianos...like the CP-300's successor.

Competition always improves the breed.

Also, this type of action may not make it to Roland's G-70 replacement(?)...semi-weighted seems to be the preferred choice for the G-series.

Ian