Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Baartman is good.. maybe ..very good..but spectacular...not...
Donny, Uncle Dave, Jerry and I belong to Solo Musicians Network... a third of the players in the group play as well or better...There are more than 6..that I say are spectacular.

Fran, that said, wondering if you consider yourself, Donny, Uncle Dave, and/or Jerry to be among that third of the membership in your elite musicians network who play as well, better, or even nearly as well as Peter Baartmans, as I've yet to see or hear evidence from any member of this forum (myself included of course) who's got even near the level of keyboard chops of Baartmans. This said, both Peter Baartmans and Michel Voncken remain arranger players who I and many other arranger keyboard enthusiasts (amateur and pro alike) admire for BOTH their terrific pianistic & arranger keyboard skills.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
That IS him playing over an SMF, isn't it?

Diki: Yes, Peter indeed played over a pre-recorded sequenced file. What I appreciate MOST is that the sequence wasn't merely the original version of this song (Brazil 66 or otherwise) but Peter's own SEQUENCED ARRANGEMENT of this classic tune, making this rendition his own.

Scott