Zuki, if you don't want to go the electric route.., a very popular and very INEXPENSIVE way to heat that basement is with a small pot-belly wood stove. I've seen those little gems sell for as low as $139.00 Easy to install and vent..., cheap to heat with too. Not sure if you've ever used one.., but a little pot-belly stove in that basement would have it very toasty and comfortable.

If you're going the electric heater route.., make sure it has a thermostat.. I'd also look for one that has a thermo with up to (3) settings. We've got several electric heaters. Here's what we got:

1 Electric Stove (looks like a wood burning stove) Has thermo.., two heat settings, and the "looks pretty factor" is a 9/10 considering this model is probably the most realistic "fake flame" I've seen to date. The vent is located at the bottom of the heater as well. Would probaby work it's tail off though to heat 1000 sq ft-as would any space heater of course when you consider heating that much square footage) Cost new was $99.00 Home Depot (where we bought ours) gets this particular model in by the boatload

2-Holme's space heaters with two heat settings and a adjustable thermo.(small $12 heaters from Wally-World). Do a great job for spot heating.

1-Oil Filled electric radiator. Very cool heater. Never needs to have the oil refilled.. Numerous settings, but with these understand they need to be placed in a room where there's traffic. They're a stationary heater that uses "radiant heat". My wife puts a very small table top fan on the floor next to ours and it pushs the warmth around.

Bottom line.., you're wanting to heat a large area with an electric heater. That's why I suggested something like a pot belly stove (cheap to install, and cheap to heat with).
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.