Diki.., seriously woodstoves do not put out the dust you seem to think. As Gary stated these new ones are amazing in how little ash is left behind....

You also don't seem to realize Diki.., that some of these woodstoves have a tray that simply slides out and requires NO shoveling.. Which means NO dust. You simply take the whole tray outside and dump it.

With a potbelly, or even standard wood burning stove you wouldn't have any more dust than would build up from any conventional central air system. Plus you would have ZERO dust from a potbelly stove as it uses radiant heat and not a blower (as found on many larger wood burning stoves). If there's NO blower.., there's no means of blowing any dust around.

I can see how living down in Florida and all would probably confuse you a bit on these heating stoves Again.., I grew up on Lake Erie..., much of my family is still there and woodstove heating is used heavily up there. Many of my own family still use them.., I grew up using them. They don't put out the kind of dust you're speaking of. Hell..., my $4,000 York central heating/cooling system with a good quality air filter moves more dust around my house than a wood stove.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-12-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.