Unfortunately Diki, it's not just in the U.S.

In Australia, (and frankly I'm assuming most parts of the "Western World"), there is a pre-packaged corporate concept behind all commercial broadcasting that I'm aware of.

Aside from Community Radio and a scant Hour or two of "Let's Discover New Talent" Programs or Competitions, there are no DJ's who discover and play whatever they want including new Artists.

Even Internet Radio is quite commercial and structured (well, a lot of it is) though you DO get an INCREDIBLE amount of diversity and choice thanks to it's wide array of Genre and Niche Broadcasting - part and parcel of simply being the World Wide Web of course.

The bright side is though, Myspace (and other Social and Music Sites) let you discover new (or hell, even Old) Artists/Bands thanks to that same, good ole World Wide Web.

As much bad as there is on the Net, I also think it can be an overwhelmingly positive force for good - it's pretty much still "The People's (Virtual) Place", and it's now put the power back in the hands of the Artist.

As long as they self promote and believe in themselves that is.....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au