Hello everyone:

I have been trying for YEARS telling to different arranger manufacturers about the “Real Latino” styles, not the current Ballroom Latin styles in all the keyboards.

My friend Juan Miguel Zarate and I finished around a year ago a project making 32 styles that STILL not in the keyboards for a well known brand, but, I guess their internal red tape is doing wonders, the ironic part, they complain for the low sales on the arrangers? If they would include this styles, perhaps an important part or the market would buy, is pointless to buy an arranger that does not support the music style the player will use mostly.
Too bad that they have release other music styles not even close in quality, and I guess, we will go back and re-design different variants of this style gender, and sell them ourselves.

The arranger division/style makers that grant access to the special software, SHOULD enable other than “them” to design styles.
They may be excellent musicians even virtuosos, BUT it does not mean that they can design ETHNIC styles correctly with the instrumentation or at least emulation, and the authentic musical phrasing.

I give you an example, the traditional Norteńo band correct instrumentation is:
*Accordion (diatonic)
*Drums
*Electric Bass
*Bajo Sexto (like a tenor 12 String guitar)
*Sax
****NO TRUMPETS…those belong to the Mariachi, a TOTAL different band with OTHER instruments like Vihuela, Guitarron, Violins, Acoustic Guitar, could have also Harp, and some other variants.
So, stop the Speedy Gonzales sound track to inspire those guys and get real.

In the few arrangers that have an “intent” of this style, ALL of them have it WRONG… here is why, to begin, in all the arrangers there is NOT a sample Bajo Sexto, you make an emulation with a 12 String acoustic guitar, not Nylon guitar that is not even close the sound, it has to be as “nasal” as possible, and as long it plays a MAJOR chord, ONLY plays 2 notes, NOT 3 or more….right there is a BIG mistake, and that is only ONE detail.

------------------
mdorantes

[This message has been edited by mdorantes (edited 04-10-2010).]