I agree with you completely on this, DNC and SA is different thing but when MultiLayering
the closed Synths are not at that stage yet as Kontakt or Play or other Sampling Softwares do
for example using Keys/Notes as CCs to do many things such in Kontakt if you hold a particular
Key the whole Guitar will Strum thruought the Keyboard or Slide or whatever but its not Multi
Layering only, it also has to do with other functions on the Software itself such in this case as
Scripts in Kontakt. Basic Multilayering as in the case of bringing Korg's Style to Kontakt should
be very easy, as i already did with the PA800/MS comparison, almost all of the Voices are Multi
Layered, in both, PA800 and Goliath and i hear the Layers in Both if played track by track or all
at once but overall i agree with you but todays hardware synths are not up to that point yet.
The only thing that can get as close as that is M3 with KARMA which can do similar things as i
explained above doing things while holding a certain Key on the Keyboard. On the other hand
where you mentioned Guitar Mode on Korg, thats a completely different thing and has nothing
to do with layering, it can be brought to a MIDI, Library or a DAW but it is a lot of work doing
that, you have to Sample and tweak a lot of things, if you attach a Guitar to one of those big
Computer Libraries it might sound way ahead but its not worth doing it. It will be better using
just a Computer Guitar Emulator which i use Real Guitar and it works fine for me, better then
Guitar Mode on KorgPA since its library is really vast and relies on really big Samples.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 04-30-2010).]