Yes, there's no doubt style does play a major part.

Still, I also assess an arranger by how much it inspires me when I play it...I think that what's impressing me most about this Tyros4.

Not just styles sounding like a particular tune, but styles that you want to try on a new tune...and, styles that by simple editing, can sound the way I want them to sound, so my playing on a Tyros4 isn't exactly like someone else on the same instrument.

I also feel that it's hard to buy a bad-sounding arranger these days, although, unless the player can use the styles, with their impressive intros and endings, to showcase their talents, not the instrument's, there can be some disappointing performances.

I don't know about you, but one of the things that kind of irritates me, is someone using a big flashy intro, and then coming in with a barely adequate and poorly phrased single note melody...a big letdown, in other words. Or a big song specific intro, and then a completely different song...maybe it might work for shock value I suppose.

I hope you get to try a Tyros4...it's in the playing of this instrument that you'll appreciate these super new SA/SA2 voices and some really kickin' styles.

I ain't been gettin' much sleep the past week or so ...I've even got up in the middle of the night to play a tune that was itchin' to be worked on...haven't done that in awhile.

Ian