I haven't played the new MOX8 yet.., but I used to own the MO8. When I had the MO8, one of my biggest gripes was the limited poly. My personal opinion of it was that it was nothing more than an ES based sound engine "choking" on half the poly.

It wasn't too much of an issue for real time playing. However, once you start sequencing it doesn't take long to blow through 64 notes these days. When you started adding other elements into playing such as using arps, using a sustain pedal, ect., the limited 64 note poly really started to show its ugly side.

I'm very surprised that the new MOX series is once again., "choked out" on half the poly. Especially considering that some of those much larger patches (some I assume up to 8 elements) are within the sound set. Of course there are some that aren't running all 8 elements at once, and have many levels of velocity switching.., but I imagine some of those patches can be real big poly eaters in a multi-timbral set up.

I suggest hitting up users on YouTube regarding the pros and cons. You'd be surprised how much info you can get from owners on the Tube. I'd also suggest looking at this model too.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M50-88/
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.