Steve,

I went through this nightmare 10 years ago when I started back wanting to gig after a 23 or so year absence. I played tenor sax, so I wanted to sequence backing tracks to play along with.

I do not know about today, but back then I did not get much help here on the forum with the sequencing problem. Most everyone did live performance and did not seem very interested in sequencing.

At that time I made an email friend with a person from Australia who understood my problem. He told me about a keyboard that would allow punch in and all the features you would need to sequence without pulling your hair out.

At the time if you wanted to sequence 15 or 20 choruses you had to sequence the 20 choruses with Yamaha and other arrangers is the info that I received. I do not know about today‘s arrangers. Try sequencing 10 choruses with out making any mistakes. No one is perfect. The other arrangers at that time did not seem to have punch in, nor copy and paste features and such.

I sequenced the first 8, 12, or 16 bars (however the song was structured) and copy and paste them for the next 8, 12, 16 bars etc. Then I would just have to punch in and sequence the turn around for the bridge because it is usually different from the first turn around after the first 8 or so bars, right?

Next, I would sequence the bridge. Then to finish the first chorus all I needed to do was copy the first 8 or so bars and it works fine with the same turn around to get to another chorus. Then all I needed to do was copy the whole song and paste it for as many choruses as I wanted.

After learning the system and doing about 4 or 5 tunes it became much easier. If I were trying to sequence a tune and every time I made a mistake I had to start over, I would still be trying to sequence the same first tune.

Maybe today there are members that use a sequencer on their arranger and they have these features. However, a few years back the arrangers were still years behind my arranger for sequencing.

My friend from Australia told me he bought a PA1X (or whatever) when they came out, and he said that he missed the sequencer on the i30. He said the i30 was still way ahead of the other arrangers for sequencing and he could not understand why Korg abandoned their sequencer from the i30.

I do not sequence anymore because I play the arranger and do vocals. The sax takes too much practice just to keep the chops in shape. I do not gig very much and I find it easier to work with the arranger and do vocals. I still get many compliments using my “DINOASAUR” Korg i30. Some of the guys here still probably laugh at this but I do not have to gig for them. Ha! Ha! The folks I play for enjoy me.
Boo