Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I demonstrate this by first firing up the keyboard and using it as a piano (which I'm not very good at), and begin playing "As Time Goes By" or another popular song everyone seems to know. Then, while playing, I begin singing the song, and tell them that now I'm going to be adding some of the more than 700 instruments that are in the keyboard. I hit the accompaniment button, but keep everything muted, then activate the style parts one at a time, telling them which instrument I will be adding. The audience is absolutely fascinated by this demonstration, and many, after the performance, come up to me and tell me that they never knew it was me actually playing the keyboard. Many thought it was nothing more than a CD player with lots of buttons. I even demonstrate the vocal harmony system, which equally amazes them. They love this technology, and for the most part, are fascinated by what can be done with an arranger keyboard.
Gary cool

Gary...IMO this is a very "GREY" area as it still doesn't explain the difference between someone playing a solo Piano alone,....vs someone "OPERATING" an Automatic Computerized music playing machine as that is what they are hearing. It's nice to try to explain to the audience once in a while what your doing, ....I myself have done Seminars for Musical appreciation Societies many times but I always tell and demonstrate to them how I "Control" the Arranger KB automatic sounds and styles via the keys & chord changes,...
it's not rocket science but that way they understand more of what is actually going on when they hear all the rhythms and instruments playing by one person.This also takes up time from the 1hr show which I try not to do unless it's a longer time on stage.

carry on