Originally Posted By: spalding1968
for what its Worth Henni I thought it sounded great . It would be useful if you explained how you produced this track and which parts you played live.

I have heard this song done many times and in no way is this a poor representation. Certainly I have heard much worse and this was good enough to fool some of us into believeing it was pure midi file .

Nothing special, really.

1. Changed the style instruments & volumes for each part in each different variation to my liking. This was the most time consuming.
2. Hit Intro 3 & press a chord.
3. As soon as finished, select ending 3.
4. When I come to the appropriate section, select break fill.
5. Immediately select intro 2
6. When it's done, select ending 3
7. Break fill
8. Select intro 2.
9. Lastly select ending 2.

I am making multipads for the violin in intro 2 & strings in ending 3. They will not follow chords & will not play contineously. That way I will be able to play this tune for real sounding more or less like the style sections. When done, I'll re-post. For now I'm well advanced into making multipads from various styles. The results are really stunning, much much better than any onboard multipads.

Making Multipads:

1. Select styles 100% compatible for your Yamaha. Next, use Jorgens Style Format Converter to convert all styles to SFF1.
2. Use Michael's Padmaker & make a pad for each of chord1, chord2, pad, phrase1 & phrase2. When done, remove the parts you do not like & combine those you do.

This is a lot of tedeous work, but the results are well worth the effort. I already have some of the most amazing guitar pads, ready for use.

Cheers,

Henni