Originally Posted By Mark79100
Are you kidding me? Who’s got the time to learn all these operating systems, and drum patterns, and orchestration, and heaven knows what else and, then try and keep up with the non-musical necessities. Heck, I‘m still trying to lean Windows 10, my GPS, my answering machine, how to turn on the windshield wipers on my car and.......Spanish.

Maybe if you’re 20 years old, topped off with testosterone, living with Mom & Dad, have no personal responsibilities, have no day job and made just one machine a priority for six months at a time.......then there’s a chance.

Then there’s the “robot factor“ again. No machine will ever come near to the interpretation of music like a full symphony orchestra does, or someone like Stephane Grapelli does with his violin. And no machine will ever recreate the many musical nuances in a Strauss waltz to make it sound like a Strauss waltz.

But, unfortunately Donny’s right.......this is where music is going. As Mr. Tr*** would tweet: “sad, very sad.”

Here are some pics of the last surviving live musicians in my area. Their next step is probably the Elephant’s Graveyard. I took them at a large car show with the DJ playing between sets. But even the DJ looks like he can’t figure out his own equipment!

Do you think maybe learning a Maschine would give them some enthusiasm.....or.....help them take the final plunge into the Musician Graveyard?

99.9% of arrangers are bought by home hobby players and adding these features in full would scare 99% of them off, however, if released over time they would slot in no problem. (We oldies aren’t going to be around forever)

Any youngster these days would pick these features up as quickly as they do a new app, (Mascine is also available as an app) it’s just some of us old fogies that have a problem.

Like all technology if you let it control you, then it will sound robotic, however, if you have talent then the world is you oyster? (Plus the way AI is progressing these days even the machine (Robotic) sound will soon disappear)

Remember when anything new comes out (Whether it is technology or culture) a lot of the old resist, but most of the young embrace, thus technology and culture moves forward.

For a lot of people the above is frightening (Humans have always been resistant to change) but if we are to survive, then it has to be embraced.

NOTE: not everything has been good (Hence a lot has disappeared without trace) but those that have stayed the distance eventually become the norm.

Bill