1. I'm much less excited about new gear. Ditto!

2. I spend much less time in my studio (and more watching football). And sailing, watching the new birds come to my bird feeder and suet block, fixing stuff around the house to make it safer for old codgers (both me and my wife), exploring new restaurants without thinking how much money I just pissed away, taking care of the cat, taking care of the guppies in the aquarium, and lots of other silly stuff.

3. My stamina, especially playing organ, is greatly diminished. Lost the stamina when my lungs went to hell along with my back. I still try to exercise daily, even it's just working out with light weights and doing lots of reps while watching TV.

4. I have much less enthusiasm for rehearsals and find that me and my equally old friends spend more time BS'ing than playing smile. Nearly all my old band buddies have long since passed away, and the only one other than myself that is still alive has never bothered to keep in touch. I still contact him once in a while, though.

5. I find it harder to memorize new songs (and forget them quicker as well). Never had this problem. Started drinking better booze and my mind became sharp as a tack and now the words and chords just seem stuck in my head. Of course, getting them out of my head and to my fingers is a different story. wink

6. Just the idea of tearing down and setting up makes me nauseous. Nah! Never has been a problem, since I lightened the load to it's present form. Sometimes it takes me longer to get the gear loaded on the Rock And Roller Cart than it takes to set up.

7. I buy all my gear now with no consideration for weight or size. That's because I have no plans to move it smile. Stopped buying gear, though I sold a lot of it during the past two years, and now I'm giving my music duds away to anyone that fits into an XL size format.

8. AND THE BIGGIE...I am much less creative; ie. I find it harder and harder to come up with good solos...so far, comping is no problem, perhaps because it is so second nature. I'm still very creative, though not nearly as talented as I should be since I stopped being a full-time entertainer. I really miss being on stage and enjoying all the fun with my audiences, but alas, I'm 78 years old and some things, sadly, just come to an end. frown

Great topic, Chas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)