Okay, no jokes about this thematic anymore! Sorry, but I couldn't overcome the temptation!

Quote:
Originally posted by lowfrequencyoscillator:
Do people really think they exist ? I'm not a professional scientist but I do have a basic understanding in the enormous power costs to get here from another system . Air , food , water , fuel , and of course how they got here ? If anyone has ever seen these crafts , do they think about how they travelled such a long distance ?

What the scientists say are the facts of what we know and what we will reach in the next time. But I guess their knowlegde about universe is much less than one percent.
There are endless posibilities in and with the universe. So many (near endless) things were needed to create an intelligent life form like the human being. Our minds create an endless count of ideas and dreams. And at the end we always make our dreams come true.
This means that we'll might be able to travel between space and time - somewhere in time. But at this moment I'm not able to explain how it will work - but the key is the abyss. That's all I know about distances and how to conquer.
The source of the energy could be a fusion power plant and the engine could affect the gravitation inside and outside the spaceship (or which else it would be). The life system could be a perfect recycling system.
Whatever you can imagine - these barriers have to be overcome at first - that's all. I have no doubts about reaching this point by scientists somewhere in time...

Quote:
Originally posted by lowfrequencyoscillator:
If you asked it about God , and it said who or what is that ? After you explained , what if it said we have never believed in such things or had their own religions that they replaced with science . What would that mean for our belief system ?

I don't guess that this would be a problem. The more we learned about the truth behind it all the more we lost the believe in religion (not in God itself!). But there must be a universal mind (or anything like that) who had started this program called UNIVERSE V1.0 ...

EDIT: There ARE other life forms anywhere out there. It's only a question of the relatively chance...
------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-16-2005).]