Apparently, in shipping a used G70 to me UPS literally dropped the ball on this one. In this case the ball unfortunately was my G70. Within a day of getting it I noticed the top portion of the LCD was missing close to a quarter of an inch of it's display. Also the end panels were loose.

I filed a claim with UPS. A few days later they requested I bring the G70 to a UPS facility for inspection. I refused, since it was their fault and they should come to my home to examine the damage. They settled for photos that showed the damaged box and the packing materials. Actually there were no packing materials like bubble wrap or any other type of cushioning material, just the G70 in a Gator case, which by the way was not packed by the seller but by a UPS store.

The good news is since it was packed by UPS they are agreeing that they are at fault and will settle the claim. This morning I spoke to the authorized Roland service center. The tech there tells me the LCD needs replacing,( Roland has it in stock so the wait for the new screen won't be 5 weeks as he indicated if it was not in stock). He also found loose screws inside the case that came from the end panels. The end panels were also damaged and were not in stock at Roland for reorder, so he fastened them so that they stay in place. BTW the right side panel was off center enough so that it caused the highest key on the board to stick. What a XXXXX mess! UPS did a number on this one. The package was insured, I'm waiting for the Roland repair shop to fax me a written quote. But the cost is probably going to easily exceed $600.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 07-11-2007).]