Hello all,

After removing Norton Systemworks a year ago because it really slowed down my PC, I replaced it with Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 2007 (version 7.0.337.000). Starting yesterday (following latest Virus Def update) Zone Alarm is acting up and now, every time I run a virus scan, sometime right in the middle of the scan, I get the following/similar error message :

---------------------------------------------

The instruction at "0x7c901010' referenced memory at "0x0179bc9c". The memory could not be read.
click on ok to terminate the program

The instruction at "0x7c9010f3' referenced memory at "0x0179bc90". The memory could not be written.

click on ok to terminate the program

---------------------------------------------

This is happening on both of my two PCs in which (multi-user (3) version) Zone Alarm is installed.

On one of my PC's, I attempted to de-install Zone Alarm (via add/remove programs) and then reinstalled it, only to discover on reboot that my PC would now no longer boot into Windows. I then had to boot into SAFE MODE. I went into add/remove programs and didn't see Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite listed. I then checked the C:\Program Files\Zone Labs folder but noticed 'not just one', but 2 Zone Labs folders now: Zone Labs and Zone Labs (2), so suspect when attempting to reinstall, the (partially aborted?) install created the 2nd Zone Labs folder. Being now that I want to delete 'all traces' of Zone Alarm Security Suite files from my PC before reinstalling (or perhaps purchasing something completely different now after this fiasco), I dragged both Zone Labs folders to the trash and emptied it.

Ok, now I NO protection (either virus or firewall) on this PC, so have come here for help in deciding what to do.

Should I ditch Zone Alarm Internet Security completely and purchase another Firewall/Virus Security instead, or simply re-install Zone Alarm? If you recommend re-installing Zone Alarm again, what do I need to do to COMPLETELY REMOVE all traces of Zone Alarm from my PC first.

If you recommend another internet security suite program, WHICH ONE do you recommend? Is Norton Internet Security Suite 2008 better than earlier versions of Norton?

Thanks for all help and assistance.

Scott