Finally, after many attempts, I was able to get some hiss. However, in order to do this, I had to turn off the noise gate, as UD said, then turn the main keyboard volume all the way up, turn the front panel volume all the way up, then turn up the trim pot to where I was on the verge of feedback. Then I got the hiss. Like I said, much higher than normal operating levels. When things were set to normal level, even with the noise gate turned off, there was no perceptable hiss. Oh, I'm sure it was somewhere deep in the background, but not at perceptable levels.

Now I guess the next question that comes to mind is why would you want to turn off the noise gate? I always figured this was to provide sufficient input level to trigger the keyboard's vocal effects. "This effect mutes the input signal when the input from the microphone falls below a specified level. This effectively cuts off extraneous noise, allowing the desired sig-nal(vocal, etc.) to pass." Sounds just fine to me either way when the keyboard is set at normal operating levels.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)