SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#114604 - 09/29/02 06:16 AM Technics KN7000 video
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
I received a video yesterday from Technics, showing their latest keyboard and electric piano. I've also had chance to spend some time on my mates KN7000 and it isn't too bad.
Here's my review on the video, any others are welcome.
The technics demonstrator on the KN7000, his playing is reasonable, most chords and fill ins have been pre programmed on some demos, overall he does a good job.
Intro I'm certain is Adagio for Strings which sounds very good. Is this all done on the KN7000 or is some from the original?
Live nylon guitar - Nothing special sound wise
Live jazz guitar - Quite reasonable although Tyros, Genesys and SD1 are better
Boys falsetto - Not as much warmth to it as SD1 or Genesys, not heard Tyros choirs
Accordion Tabs - Thought these were terrible. No way near as good as SD1 and Genesys. They have no depth or realism to them
Flugel horn and trumpet - I like these, excellent sounds
Ballad harmonica - Awfull cheesy sound
60's pop idol - nice organ sounds but very weak rhythm
Ryhthm parts demo - Miller band was very good
Swing ballad - Pretty basic
Ballroom twist - Very weak beat but sounds used were OK
Eurodance - Pretty good style
Pop ballad - nice rhythm with good sounds
12/8 ballad - Nice organ sound but sax is poor
Blue grass - nothing special
Vintage organ sound demo - Didn't like at all
SD card demo - give me a CDRW, hard drive and MP3 anyday. Expansion cards seem a poor alternative to the above.
Well thats it, overall from playing the KN7000 too, I'd say it's easy to use, has some good sounds and styles, for me not an improvement over Technics' previous efforts, seems overpriced and just doesn't cut it compared to SD1, Tyros and Genesys. For big band sounds and brass it's good, dance stuff not very impressive, ballads are reasonable.
Post your views below.

#114605 - 09/29/02 09:05 PM Re: Technics KN7000 video
zuki Offline

Read your review on the 7000. How familiar are you with the Genesys? Is it possible to create a finished cd with vocals on that keyboard's cdrw.
Regards.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#114606 - 09/30/02 12:24 PM Re: Technics KN7000 video
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
plug a mic into the input and you can easily create a cd with vocals on whilst playing live, using a midi file, or mp3 file. also, vocals can be processed through the internal fx's and harmonies added - it's so easy and results are excellent.

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Read your review on the 7000. How familiar are you with the Genesys? Is it possible to create a finished cd with vocals on that keyboard's cdrw.
Regards.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online