SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#118766 - 12/06/03 03:09 PM Whats a Blue Note?
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
I was wondering about this lately, I know my music teacher told me about it a while ago, but I can't remember what it is hehehe .
Unfortunately I can't ask her any more, since I quit music lessons because I cannot concentrate on it anymore (due to heavy (anti-depression) medication).
Actually because of those nasty pills I cannot concentrate on playing keyboard anymore so I keep making stupid mistakes .
But they keep me alive .

Thanx in advance

Greetz ,
Marcel

#118767 - 12/06/03 05:10 PM Re: Whats a Blue Note?
trtjazz Offline

Marcel,
The blues notes or blues scale uses a lowered 3rd and 5th by a half step. Or a flatted 3rd and 5th if you prefer.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-06-2003).]

#118768 - 12/07/03 06:48 AM Re: Whats a Blue Note?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Actually, I thought the Blue Note was a Night Club in Manhattan famous for it's jazz!!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#118769 - 12/08/03 07:36 AM Re: Whats a Blue Note?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Marcel,
Here is a description of the Blues scale from playpianonow.com: "The Blues Scale is a six-note non-diatonic scale consisting of the root, minor third, fourth, minor fifth, fifth, and minor seventh degrees of the major scale. In the key of C the blues scale consists of the notes C, E flat, F, G flat, G, B flat, and C (again).
If you are taking anti-depression medication because of depression, it's the depression the causes you to be unable to concentrate, not the medication.
Dr. Quack

#118770 - 12/08/03 04:14 PM Re: Whats a Blue Note?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Edgar Struble was Kenny Rogers musical director for about 20 years. He was from Scotville Michigan about 60 miles from where I live. He not only did Kenny's arrangements but is a very talented composer in his own write. He wrote a very nice tune called "Only The Blue Notes" about a man who lost the love of his life because he lied to her and cheated on her. It is a great tune.

Tom

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online