SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#130405 - 04/26/06 08:45 AM Are there problems with Ketron ???
JimP Offline

Loc: Richfield, Ohio USA
I have a friend that asked me to help him purchase a Ketron Midjay. (He is an older fellow and has always purchased from local stores that he is familiar with).

I checked with four Ketron dealers and received the same answer. They did not have a Midjay in stock and they would check with the US distributor. They were told the distributor had no inventory and it would be 30 to 90 days before they would have some available.

Two of the dealers told me they cannot get any ketron products because the distributor has very few products to ship. The dealers do not know when the distributor will have more inventory.

One dealer mentioned he had a new Midjay that has a defective board in it. He has been waiting for over three weeks for a replacement board but the distributor does not have the replacement part in stock.

In the past, I have always heard that Ketron and the US distributor has always provided excellent service.

Is Ketron having problems delivering goods to the distributor or is the distributor having problems?

Is this a problem for someone who is considering investing in a Ketron product?

#130406 - 04/26/06 09:05 AM Re: Are there problems with Ketron ???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Have you called AJ, George, or DanO?

#130407 - 04/26/06 01:33 PM Re: Are there problems with Ketron ???
Dnj Offline

There is no problem at all with Ketron or the Midjay......remember this is a very small company compared to The Big Guns eg: Yamaha, Roland, Korg etc, etc .....
I have never had a problem with my Midjay it works like a charm with ver3.0 in it....

Shoot me an email.... I may have a nice deal for you or anyone else on a nice cond Midjay w/ a kool case if your interested.

onemanband52@yaho.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-26-2006).]

#130408 - 04/26/06 01:39 PM Re: Are there problems with Ketron ???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I ordered, and paid for, a Vocal Harmonizer for the Midjay, for HankB about three months ago. AJ ordered it through the distributor. It is still back-ordered. I think I will call and get the money back.
DonM

#130409 - 04/26/06 05:04 PM Re: Are there problems with Ketron ???
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I'll try to shed some light on the situation.
Bell Duovox, the distributor, told me that Ketron in Italy actually shuts down for the entire month of January, while attending the NAMM show here in the USA. At the time of the show, they had little or no inventory in Italy. Personally, I have a problem understanding this because you can't make money if you have no inventory. This should not happen. Perhaps, sales of the older Ketron models, the SD1, the XD9, the Vega, etc. are slowing down because in our keyboard business, we expect new models to drive the buying habits of consumers. If the current models are already several years old, sales are just going to slow down.
I beleive another issue might be that Bell Duovox doesn't always know what is coming in a container until it arrives. I needed an XD9HD which I ordered in January and I just received it last week! I sent back a defective Miday and although I'm not sure what is wrong with it, it's been 3 or 4 weeks now and I don't have it back in my store yet. The problem I was having was when playing MP3's, but not always, the song would have an enormous amount of crackling distortion. If I turned it off and on again it would work until I selected a different type of file such as a SMF or Wave, and when I returned to MP3 play, the awful sound would start again. AJ suggested it might be a bad main board and so I returned it to either be replaced or repaired. I don't know if there are any more Midjays available in New York so I can't comment on this.
When the X1's were flying out the doors of dealers and when the SD1 came out and was flying out the doors of dealers, it seems Ketron was probably manufacturing as fast as they could to keep them flowing. Perhaps these days with a slow down in new models arriving for sale, the factory is making fewer so not to have so many sitting in warehouses if there is a slowdown in sales.
All of this is just my thought to the situation and isn't from any conversation with anyone connected with Ketron.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#130410 - 04/27/06 06:36 AM Re: Are there problems with Ketron ???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just talked to AJ and the shipment from Italy has arrived. Hank's vocal harmonizer will be shipped today from NY.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online