SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131713 - 02/15/03 10:17 AM Easy solution for too many style files...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you're like most folks on this forum, you likely have hundreds, if not thousands, of style files. While sorting through the maze of files, you come to the realization that most of those that you have kept sound great, and each lends itself to a particular song.

At most, you can put just over 50 such files on a single floppy disk. The problem is that you can never remember which songs went with that particular style until you begin playing. Therefore, during the past few weeks I have been meticulously renaming the styles to the names of the songs that are best suited for them. It's almost like having another MFD in the keyboard. Select the song, the style comes up and you're ready to go--it's that easy. Just thought I would share that with everyone here.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#131714 - 02/15/03 06:01 PM Re: Easy solution for too many style files...
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
That's a great idea Gary. Thanks for passing along that tip.
PS: I am downloading the MP3 "It Never Rains in Southern California" from your web site as I write this message. Good to see you've got some MP3's posted now. 'Funny thing though, So. Calif. has received bucket loads of rain in the past several days.' Thanks again for that great tip Gary,

Best regards,
Mike

#131715 - 02/15/03 06:07 PM Re: Easy solution for too many style files...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I liked your idea, Gary
Tks,
Chico

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online