SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#149710 - 08/01/07 10:19 AM Re: Choosing A Power Amplifier
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Fran,

What is in my profile has no bearing on this particular post. Let me make it clearer, my profile has nothing to do with this topic. Have you and others forgotten that this is a topic on "Choosing A Power Amplifier" and not what Scott likes or dislikes regarding music?

Scott

#149711 - 08/01/07 10:24 AM Re: Choosing A Power Amplifier
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott my response was to your post just above mine...

Taike will have to just get over our slight hijack..

#149712 - 08/01/07 11:48 AM Re: Choosing A Power Amplifier
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Back on track then....

The article unfortunately ignores anything to do with how efficient your speakers are... You plug the same power amp into two different makes of speakers at the same settings, and you can get two completely different volumes...

Matching the power amp to the speakers is more important, IMO, than any vague formula for power/customers (that doesn't take venue acoustics, type of music usage and ambient noise into account).

IMO, an overpowered PA is no better than an underpowered one. But a PA that is balanced, but considerably more powerful than you usually need is still very good to have, if it doesn't become too heavy to use. Then, when you get a call for a MUCH bigger engagement than you usually do, you don't have to use unfamiliar equipment (and risk sounding less than your best) to do it. Or you get a call for a full band gig, you won't tear up your little Logitechs trying to put a live drummer and bass player through it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online