SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#161201 - 01/07/04 07:56 PM Rejoice! For I art a Moron
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I have to say... After a year on my PSR2000 I am officially a moron... You've probably new it all along and didn't want me to get pi**ed... I downloaded the Tyros styles from the PSR2000 web site... Great stuff. I was getting tiered of the styles on the 2000... As I was playing along I switched main's from 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 and all the time I kept the main instrument... "Wow! This is cool." I thought to my yet un-proclaimed village idiot, which I would soon be crowned... I noticed after having fun with the styles the OTS link was not on. I turned on the OTS link and the instruments changed every time I switched the main... After all this time all I had to do was turn off the OTS and I would have had it made... I just though those down on themselves right now might need a little cheering up by a fellow who did not place or show in the village idiot forum contest but was the winner...
Thanks for the ear...Now when I post a tune on the site and hear "You suck" I shall reflect more upon that...
By the way thanks for all the styles http://psrtutorial.com/ now I can crank out my befuddled new CD…
DJ

PS: I did read the manual... Of course, on porcelain breaks...

And no wonder the drumming sucked in my tunes I could have changed it left and right!!! If only the OTS wasn't already pre-set on my board...

------------------
I don't steer the ship, I bail out the water.
DJ http://www.chipos.com/beachbum/

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 01-07-2004).]

#161202 - 01/07/04 08:01 PM Re: Rejoice! For I art a Moron
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Da, I guess that means "Welcome to the club!"

#161203 - 01/07/04 08:13 PM Re: Rejoice! For I art a Moron
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When all else fails, read the directions!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#161204 - 01/07/04 08:20 PM Re: Rejoice! For I art a Moron
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You think you're the village idiot?!?!? This is not about Keyboards but:

I tried to turn up the heat over at the Yahoo PSR-Styles Group to get some 'things' changed over there and although I used some mighty strong words to let them know how I felt I reckon I made the wrong choice of words because they really laid in on me. So not only do I feel like the village 'moron' I had to tuck my tail between my legs and shrug away dumbfounded from the opposition I met. Oh well; God Bless them. No hard feelings on this end. Including you too Bob! I wish them all well.
And I hope they find it in their heart to do the same.

Sigh... Now where did I leave that dunce cap? Oh yes, here it is.

Best regards,
Mike

#161205 - 01/07/04 09:43 PM Re: Rejoice! For I art a Moron
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thanks A lot Gary... I can see the smirk on your face... Mike... That sort of thing happens to the best of us... After reflecting... I don't remember anything about the OTS settings back when I read the manual... I just thought it a nice red help me button when pressed.. Or not pressed in my case cause it was always on...

#161206 - 01/08/04 07:17 AM Re: Rejoice! For I art a Moron
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just pickin' on ya' DJ. In reality, the instruction manual put out by all keyboard manufacturers seem to be afterthoughts. At best, they're lousy. Fortunately, there are lots of good folks at the Synth-Zone, psrtutorial.com and SVPworld that have been more than willing to help us overcome the hurdles of both the keyboards and their associated instruction manuals. I personally have learned something new about the PSR-2000 just about every time it's turned on.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#161207 - 01/08/04 07:56 PM Re: Rejoice! For I art a Moron
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Everybody plays the fool, sometime
There's no exception to the rule, listen baby
It may be factual, it may be cruel, I ain't lying
Everybody plays the fool.

If you learned something then you are no fool. Learning from one's own mistakes is a great thing. Learning from other peoples mistakes are even better. Thank you for teaching us all something.

- Brian

[This message has been edited by MagicUser (edited 01-10-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online