SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#162759 - 08/08/02 12:37 PM CHECKLIST according to yu B4 gettin the PSR2000 home?
sunnycool Offline

Loc: india
What wud a cheklist contain in ur opinion on the most obvious things to check on a PSR2K b4 gettin it home...?

#162760 - 08/08/02 12:53 PM Re: CHECKLIST according to yu B4 gettin the PSR2000 home?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
plug a mic into the keyboard and make sure there is no high pitch squeel when singing. I just returned a brand new PSR2000 to Yamaha for exchange (it would have been the one I shipped to Brian, who just got one from me).When these come from the factory, the built in noise gate is turned on and when you don't sing, you don't hear the noise, but when you do, the noise gate turns off and I heard a high pitch buzzing sound. The next one I opened up was fine, so it was just one unit, but I would still check the one you buy.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#162761 - 08/08/02 12:58 PM Re: CHECKLIST according to yu B4 gettin the PSR2000 home?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
That's a good suggestion George. Sunny also check to make sure you don't have any loud hiss coming from the speakers when the board isn't being played.. I remember someone a while back having that problem...
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#162762 - 08/08/02 01:28 PM Re: CHECKLIST according to yu B4 gettin the PSR2000 home?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Squeak_D,
That was me (with my first one) !~
How are you , I hope your having a good summer , they go by to quick !
Take care,
jedi

#162763 - 08/08/02 07:24 PM Re: CHECKLIST according to yu B4 gettin the PSR2000 home?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I feel very lucky now George. Oh, and thanks for the spelling.

I also remember all the postings about the hissing sounds when external speakers were not plugged in to the keyboard. Luckily I don't have any of those problems.

sunnycool,
I would try a few of each of the features. As someone recently pointed out, if you try every sound it would take about 2 hours! You can make sure all of the buttons work, the vocal harmonizer works, try the diskette driver and make sure it can read the disks.

I would also try it both with the touch sensitivity turned on and off so you can get an idea for the feel of the keyboard versus the sounds.

I asked a local store for a mike to plug into the 740 to test it and they didn't even know it had that feature. I think you will like the upgrade.

Enjoy,
- Brian

#162764 - 08/08/02 07:24 PM Re: CHECKLIST according to yu B4 gettin the PSR2000 home?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I feel very lucky now George. Oh, and thanks for the spelling.

I also remember all the postings about the hissing sounds when external speakers were not plugged in to the keyboard. Luckily I don't have any of those problems.

sunnycool,
I would try a few of each of the features. As someone recently pointed out, if you try every sound it would take about 2 hours! You can make sure all of the buttons work, the vocal harmonizer works, try the diskette driver and make sure it can read the disks.

I would also try it both with the touch sensitivity turned on and off so you can get an idea for the feel of the keyboard versus the sounds.

I asked a local store for a mike to plug into the 740 to test it and they didn't even know it had that feature. I think you will like the upgrade.

Enjoy,
- Brian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online