SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16596 - 04/01/00 04:10 PM I need poly 800 help!
agnostic98 Offline

oh man! i just bought the poly 800 I without a manual I and i already have so many questions! what exactly is the story about poly 800 I and sysex, everyone's saying it doesn't work, but i just bought some poly800I patches from patchman music and he said it would work. I'm so confused! and i've try sending it with cakewalk and other sysex programs but the keyboard does not seem to respond.

and how do you use the onboard sequencer? where's the play button?

and how do i use my poly800 sounds with cakewalk so i can sequence it?

any help would be greatly appreciated... i'm very desperate...

#16597 - 04/03/00 10:13 PM Re: I need poly 800 help!
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Hello there , the POLY 800 was KORG'S first midi synthesizer . It was made in 1984 , it does not support sysex information . New patches are loaded in by tape through the tape in/out jacks on the back . The POLY 800 can only send on midi channel 1 , but you can edit it's receiving channel . This synthesizer was made when midi was only 2 years old . The sequencer holds 256 events , you record in step time and there is a switch on the back labeled " sequencer enable/disable " . That switch will tell the sequencer to play back or to record . As far as using it with cakewalk , just record it using channel 1 ( since it only sends on channel 1 ) and then edit the cakewalk to play it back on whatever channel you like and then set the receiving channel to match .

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online