SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16832 - 02/03/01 07:13 AM File transfer-Cakewalk8 to N 364 &back-Please help!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi

I just purchased a N 364-totally new to it that is !!

My problem is -Is it possible to play files i have on Cakewalk(.mid) by transferring it on a stiffy and loading it on to the N364 stiffy drive ?

If it is possible can anybody give me the exact sequence of buttons to press to get this mid file on to the N364 and hear the songs? and to get them back in cake walk via the stiffy?

I would be extremly greatful-The manual is absolute greek to me

#16833 - 02/04/01 02:42 PM Re: File transfer-Cakewalk8 to N 364 &back-Please help!!
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
I havent really tried it because Im running mine thru cubase but in the "reference guide" on page 183 it says the n264/364 reads midi files so just slap one on a disk, cram it in the kboard, then go to disk mode, and go to "5A Load SMF Directory Ok?".
*To do that just press the button with "Cursor Perf Edit/RPPR" above it until it comes up on the screen*
then select the file load it etc..
*To do that just screw around with it until it works, I dont know the exact sequence*

and make sure you select the seq when you want to play the file. You may have to change some of the instruments in the channels if it sounds like shit.

Hope to have helped

#16834 - 02/10/01 09:10 AM Re: File transfer-Cakewalk8 to N 364 &back-Please help!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks jiddu-you did help

The problem is how do i select the sequence?

whenever i fiddle aroud with the button it chooses the preset sequence/demo!!

any clue?

Thanks anyway!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online