Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#172973 - 03/01/06 03:35 AM The TECHNICS Story
Dnj Offline

#172974 - 03/01/06 07:36 AM Re: The TECHNICS Story
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
DNJ,
thanks for putting this one up. I put a link in the Technics Forum here in the synthzone giving you credit for it
I posted in the gallery under 4 of the Technics Keyboards I still own and under another that I have sold.
Best regards,
Bebop

#172975 - 03/01/06 07:42 AM Re: The TECHNICS Story
Dnj Offline

Bebop.....

I loved my old KN5000, made alot of $$$ & alot of Music with that KB......I wonder if we'll ever see a reincarnation of some sort of Technicesqe line of KB's again ....
maybe made by another company?

#172976 - 03/01/06 07:46 AM Re: The TECHNICS Story
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Bebop.....
I loved my old KN5000, made alot of $$$ & alot of Music with that KB......I wonder if we'll ever see a reincarnation of some sort of Technicesqe line of KB's again ....
maybe made by another company?

That was a great keyboard for sure. Just curious Donny did one brand of keyboard make you more money than another brand? I know you're one of the best musicians here, so was wondering what you're take is on my question.

Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Pacesetter (edited 03-01-2006).]

#172977 - 03/01/06 07:58 AM Re: The TECHNICS Story
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
That was a great keyboard for sure. Just curious Donny did one brand of keyboard make you more money than another brand? I know you're one of the best musicians here, so was wondering what you're take is on my question.
Thanks in advance ]

Paceseter......every once in a while a certain combination of keyboard & player meld to make perfect harmony in a performance setting, & when that happens good things happen musicaly.....vs not being comfortable, maybe because of the OS, or design features, button location, key feel, touch screen or whatever......only you will know when its right & only your good music & audience will be the recipient.
Making money is a multifaceted undertaking & the above is only a small part of it if done correctly.

#172978 - 03/01/06 01:53 PM Re: The TECHNICS Story
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
that brings back many happy memories.
Owned 6 of those models over the years.
Sad day when they stopped making them.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#172979 - 03/01/06 02:21 PM Re: The TECHNICS Story
Dnj Offline

Hi Rikki.....I think by selling them at exorborant inflated prices in "Home Organ" stores compared to comparable or better featured units in other chain stores & beyond put a hurtin on Technics even though they had some very nice models with unique features & a huge following......we'll see what the future brings......
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

#172980 - 03/01/06 04:01 PM Re: The TECHNICS Story
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I LOVE my kn6000 ...
t.

#172981 - 03/02/06 08:43 AM Re: The TECHNICS Story
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I bought my first Technics in a combination TV and Music store that featured Kurtzwile hardware. It was the first one to get to the central coast, was a digital piano Pr90 and was listed at 5000.00 and offered to me at 2500.00 to take back to San Jose. I was hooked and never looked back until they sold me my last Technics Keyboard KN2600. I still have 4 of them, sold 2 but have now ported over to Tyros 2, largely due to
Scott Yee.
I bought the PSR9000 but could never get into it while still playing the KN7000, so I gave it up. Anybody want to buy it?
When I got the Tyros 2, I shut down all the technics and was then able to get into the yam operating system and make it go
That's my story.
Bebop

#172982 - 03/02/06 02:46 PM Re: The TECHNICS Story
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
things must be slightly different here in Aust.
I used to be able to get Technics at roughly 40% discount from my dealer, wheras other brands usually only about 20%.
Made the technics a very viable choice, great price, great keyboard.

Switched to Ketron now. Miss some of the onboard style editing functions of the kn's, but the sd's got some amazing functions of it's own.
Finally sorted out how to get around some of the annoying quirks of using EMC with Plus Package as a "list view" style editor.
Had strange things happening like expression data totally disapearing on psr converted styles ie fade in/out gone.
EMC also deletes controller 11 expression on the first beat of sd1 styles, so I noticed i was getting an abrupt volume change on any styles that had expression data after the first beat. Finally sorted out how to get around it , so I'm thrilled.
For SD owners wouldn't really be an issue as styles can be recorded in realtime or via midi, but after selling the kn I started using OMB software & got used to editing styles in a list view format.
Anyway, I'm happy with my new choice of keyboard.
I'm still holding onto all my KN style disks just in case some company decides to take up their operating system. haa haa

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hi Rikki.....I think by selling them at exorborant inflated prices in "Home Organ" stores compared to comparable or better featured units in other chain stores & beyond put a hurtin on Technics even though they had some very nice models with unique features & a huge following......we'll see what the future brings......
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online