SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17326 - 10/25/00 05:57 PM T2, Sysex dump, and disk PCM data
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do I capture the PCM data loaded from a Korg sound library disk in sysex dump?

For instance I have a disk called TSD-06 Fretted Instruments that came with the synth. I load the disk and all programs and PCM data load ok. Then I do a sysex dump to my computer into Cakewalk 9. Now when I load the sysex dump back into the T2 from Cakewalk, the PCM data does not get loaded. When I look at the edit program page 0 on the T2, the multisound line says 'Not Loaded'. Apparently the sysex dump does not capture the additional PCM data.

Is there a way to capture the PCM data in a sysex dump?

#17327 - 10/30/00 09:18 PM Re: T2, Sysex dump, and disk PCM data
pianoman66 Offline

Loc: WA
I have a Korg T-2EX and utilize Calkwalk 9.03 (check for the free update patches when you get a chance). From what I understand from the Korg T-2 myself is that extra PCM data needs to be loaded separately, and you only have 512K of extra space available. So when you start adding extra PCM data (disk based sounds/multisounds) beyond the 190 ROM (permanent) based multisounds you need to keep this in mind. When you start mixing and matching extra multisounds (PCM data) you have to make sure that the affected programs reflect the right D00 to D27 number in their parameters. It is not necessary to reload PCM data JUST the combi/program/global data.

Quick solution...load all your intended PCM data disk by disk first until you reach the 512K limit (remember the order-and check your global data to see what D00-27 is what), and then make sure all your intended programs with extra multisound data have the correct D00- to 27 value (for eaxample...PCm data disk one added 2- new multisounds at address D00 and D01, PCm data disk added 1- new multisound at address D02, and your third disk added 3 multisounds at addresses D03 D04 D05....although the programs on disk one might not have a problem....disk two and three will!)....then let Calkwalk do its thing...... you're all set.

YOu can load PCM-multisounds individually off different disks. (the ones you need...some disks will have 10 or more new multisounds but you use only 4 of them with the programs you utilize) press "disk" then page "1"

As you load the display will tell you how much memory is left

The t2 will not remember extra multisound data after you turn it off. You have to do this at start-up. If you're topping the 512K
then your best bet is to create separate PCM disks for different songs or set of songs.

I basically have a couple of main PCM disks with just one A file(200 programs)and have many 4-file (4 X 200 progarams) A-B-C-D file disks with just combi/prog/global data.

send me an email...good to know another T-2

[This message has been edited by pianoman66 (edited 10-30-2000).]

#17328 - 10/30/00 10:29 PM Re: T2, Sysex dump, and disk PCM data
pianoman66 Offline

Loc: WA
A simple answer to your question...I do not think so.

------------------
I hope that I may always desire
more than I can accomplish
-Michelangelo

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online