SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#173925 - 12/15/03 01:54 PM Korg Pa1X Pro
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Anyone ordered a Pa1X pro in US yet? I see them at most major web retailers selling for $3499 (Korg's MAP), is there a dealer anyone know of that may sell it for less?

Does anyone know when these are shipping in the US?

#173926 - 12/15/03 03:06 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by harosha:
Does anyone know when these are shipping in the US?

Middle of August 2006.

Your guess is as good as anybodies. They've been listed over at Music123.com for the past 6 weeks or so saying that they would be in stock in two to 3 weeks. Of course that was "6 weeks" ago. Korg is trickling them out in Europe to where maybe 3 or 4 people on the planet actually own one and I think the ones that do probably work for Korg in some capacity. There could be production problems where the supply of vital parts are held up somewhere for some unknown reason causing a virtual standstill in the Pa1X PRO's assembly line production.

I think it's Roland that's the only Keyboard Manufacturer that will actually deliver a product on time and in quanity when promised.... The rest announce a product and declare a shipment delivery date but more often than not you won't see the product in stores until way beyond the declared date has passed.........................................................................................................

Korg is one of those companies.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-15-2003).]

#173927 - 12/17/03 07:06 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
Applex Offline

Loc: New York
Hi
Save your money I own a Pa1xpro you can get one at www.swiftmusic.co.uk or there are a few on ebay for less than $3400.00 also they are available in Belgium , However before you plunk down $3000 bucks more or less get the facts from a owner,
First NO mp3 board available No Voice upgrade available No 1.5 operating system available No 2.0 operating system available this make the cd recordable and to boot no body and I mean "nobody" knows when these accessiores will be available TC Helicon don't even know about the upgrade sug1 board
Korg is selling you a car without it's tires "Save your money"
The keyboard is great however so is my grand piano and when I go out to play I use my Yamaha 9000 the Korg sits in the corner waiting for its accessiores Isold my pa80 to get this one and now I am sorry , maybe in Christmas 2004 Korg will have the Pa1xpro
available for the comsumer but for now "save your money"
Applex

#173928 - 12/17/03 09:30 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Korg did the same thing when they released the PA80. It was not ready for real use for quite some time.
DonM

#173929 - 12/17/03 11:59 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
trtjazz Offline

I waited over 3 years for Korg to release a world sounds expansion card for my Triton Rack. Now that they finally have I don't want it anymore, because I bought other things to take it's place.

I waited 2 years for them to come up with more PA80 styles, by the time they finally did I sold it and bought a Tyros.

Korg is certainly not at the top of my list when I go out looking to buy anything musical anymore.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-17-2003).]

#173930 - 12/18/03 10:32 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
harosha Offline

Applex,

I am not interested in any accessories since I already have other gear. The important things for me are:

Sampling (Mostly percussion audio loops in styles)
Decent sounds to use live
Decent Mic input and vocals mixing
76 keys with good key feel
Vocals Harmony
Flash based factory styles and sounds so I can customize the entire keyboard and not just the user presets.

I think all of these are available right out of the box, am I correct? I looked into Tyros, 9000pro and Roland VA but all of them are missing one or more option that I really need.

Tyros: No Sampling and 76 keys
9000pro: Factory styles are not programmable, Mono sampling, almost the same price as Pa1X
Roland VA76: No Sampling and 76 Keys

Music123 gave me a shipping date of 1/1/04. We'll see if it is available then ...

#173931 - 12/18/03 11:02 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
Applex Offline

Hi HAROSHA
I once again don't want to bust your bubble
but this Keyboard is a joke;all you have is A GREAT SOUNDING Keyboard If you want that why do you want to spend your money for a car without a engine, but that's up you and thats what this is.This ia also an arranger which is why I bought it, but the sequencer don't work without the upgrade 1.5 os
But it's not available
Yes it does have some of the features your looking for; styles can be changed, has some vocal cabilities, good action, and some fancy guitars sounds but it's not whats advertised
Maybe someday it will be a great arranger but fo now my Yamaha 9000 does the same. Like I said before "Save your money" let it collect a little dust until Korg gets there act together also maybe the price will come down , I can order one for less then $3000 at my local Music Store already the price of $3400 its aready starting to drop, this unit is starting to get a bad rap in Europe because of the same things I complained about, Some guys are going to return these unitS because of the short commings with it.
But the choice is yours.I also not sure about them being in the states by the first of the year, You hear all kinds of stories about problem they are having , but who knows if they are true or not. Also
everybody and their Uncle has been promising the units will be available every other week , Korg is the worst when it come to releasing items on time.
Applex

#173932 - 12/18/03 11:23 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
Applex Offline

Hi Again
One major thing I'm trying to explain really any thing you want to do with Keyboard Sampleing, sequenceing, mp3 recording looping and 50 other things you need the upgrades 1.5 os and then the 2.0 os
But there are not available and nobody and I mean "No" body knows when they will be. For example there is a suppost to be a upgrade Sug1 board for the vocals. I called TC Helicon to see about it's production and they do not know a thing about it.
They explained all they did was to give Korg the right to use there name but no board.
Where is this new board? Where is it comming from? Who making it? Who knows? nobody.
Is there really a upgrade board.
I know when you call other companies you can a resonable answer try that with korg all you is "I don't know "
Applex

#173933 - 12/18/03 07:07 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
harosha Offline

"any thing you want to do with Keyboard Sampleing, sequenceing, mp3 recording looping and 50 other things you need the upgrades 1.5 os and then the 2.0 os"

Applex, thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that you are not happy with Pa1X. may be I'll wait until Korg gets their act together. Are you saying that sampling and sequencing features won't work without the 1.5 OS upgrade? Where can you order the Pa1X for less than $3000?

[This message has been edited by harosha (edited 12-18-2003).]

#173934 - 12/19/03 04:32 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Man, talk about putting the horse BEFORE the cart! The keyboard has NOT BEEN RELEASED in the uS yet! Why does it surprise you that it's not ready yet? You wanted to be the first one on the block with it. Well, now you are. Be patient. As they finish their beta run ... it will get the support it deserves. You need to chill about this new item. In the US is's still an NON entity, but it will get here as soon as it's ready, I'm sure. You jumped the gun a bit here, but don't panic ..... it will still be sellable ( or useable) as soon as it really hits the streets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online