SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17990 - 12/29/98 07:40 PM Korg M1 Original Programs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Due to my battery going dead, I have lost all of my original sounds. Can someone tell me how to get the sounds back to my M1 if I download them onto my PC. Please respond quickly. Thank you.

#17991 - 12/30/98 02:53 PM Re: Korg M1 Original Programs
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
This will only set you on the path, I'm sure, (I have an 01/Wfd & don't really KNOW the M1's requirements) but the factory programs in MOST Korgs are set in ROM and can be re-accessed by doing SOMETHING such as holding down two buttons when you switch it on, the Bank 1 and 4 buttons, perhaps.
RUN to Korg.com and ask for that reset procedure. I'm sure the process for their whole LINE is sitting on the receptionist's DESK! Good luck with it and keep a calendar handy with that new battery installment date on it!

#17992 - 12/30/98 09:50 PM Re: Korg M1 Original Programs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, I just went through this. The M1 has no key sequence to bring the instrument back to "default" settings. The folks at Korg were kind enough to send me a midi file that, when played, will reload the box with the defaults. However, and this could be my mistake, I've only been able to get the default programs and combi's, but not the sequences.

Email me and I'll send you the midi file Korg sent me.

j_lauer@pacbell.net

#17993 - 12/31/98 12:33 AM Re: Korg M1 Original Programs
WS Offline

Rom does not hold the RAM programs. You need to download them from synthzone.com Korg pages.

#17994 - 12/31/98 12:16 PM Re: Korg M1 Original Programs
Anonymous
Unregistered

The factory sounds can also be loaded from a card. If you take your M1 to a shop to have the battery replaced, perhaps they will also restore the factory patches for you. I am a tech for a music store, and I automatically restore the default patches after I replace a battery.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online